Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tremble for the future...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'til he hits middle school and the beatings begin...it gives a whole new meaning to "time to get off of momma's tit and grow up a little".

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Yeah I agree the kid is screwed up for life now, I just wanted to be in his position for a bit. I don't even know why she would want to breast feed for so long.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
She should stop him and she misses it she can call me.
But yeah, it's stupid to have them feed for so long. There is no excuse other than if they had no other food, which she would dry up anyway.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
She is part of this "attachment parenting movement" being pushed by some idiot doctor essentially recommending you coddle your kids much longer than we traditionally have here in the US.
He thinks not only should they be kept on the boob until 6 or 7, but they should sleep with mommy etc, much longer.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=attachment+parenting&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CH8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAttachment_parenting&ei=hjqtT6_PCY2k8ATX9-D1DA&usg=AFQjCNFyFFiR9OIlc-pahwQaL82rgukodw

People wonder why we are raising a generation of social retards and co-dependents,

I give you exhibit A.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yep. They will grow up to be strong independent adults that can face the challenges of life.
And you thought Generation Y was lazy and insecure.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Wonder if this will have any ill side effects, like turning them into womanizers...

Rather be in the kids position tbh :cool: :rolleyes:

·
4,987 Posts
I wonder if she will wean him before high school. That could lead to a few kick the crap outta me moments. I think there's something seriously missing in her life.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
She was on the today show with her psychiatrist. Who has one of those that is normal anyway?
He was touting how that is what is wrong with our society today. We don't coddle our kids long enough. We should be doing this until they are around ten years old and having them sleep with the parents is what SHOULD happen to make the 'bond' stronger.
He must be writing a book because he's a total idiot with his thinking and dangerous that others will listen to him.
There are stupid people all around us.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I was right. He is promoting a book and used this child to promote it. ....

The photos were intended to illustrate a story about Dr. William Sears, the author of "The Baby Book" and the authority on attachment parenting. Extended breastfeeding is just one part of that parenting style, which also advocates co-sleeping, wearing your baby on your body, and attending to your child's needs before he or she has a chance to cry. Critics contend that some people take attachment parenting to extremes, socially and academically crippling their children by coddling them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No big shock there. Everytime you see some poor dumbass exploited to the gills, there's usually a paycheck in it for somebody somewhere.
Sad.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Great so this dumb chick, and he equally stupid shrink want their 15 minutes of fame. So they are willing to screw up the kids life, and exploit him to get it. Ya great parenting skills there dip****.
Don't sugar coat it. Tell us what you really feel.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
With over seven billion people on this rock, you have to expect some defects. But I agree with you.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
I am not a child expert, but was a Physician for 2 decades. From birth until about 9 or 10 years old, are the most important years to teach your children. And only in a small way by telling them things. Most of their learning is by example. Certainly this theory has exceptions, but is applicable to the majority of children, in my experience. So to gain your 15 minutes of fame, at the expense of what is the greater good, that being the welfare of your child, or any child, os wrong to me. Imagne that childs life at school after that photograph makes the rounds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts