Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a wrangler problem but this a question for my brother. My brother has a 1998 jeep Cherokee. Last night when he was driving home his breaks stopped working. He said when he presses the break pedal he hears air leaking from under the dashboard. There is break fluid in the reservoir, but it doesn't seem to be stopping.

Any help would be great to get us wheeling again.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
I know this is a wrangler problem but this a question for my brother. My brother has a 1998 jeep Cherokee. Last night when he was driving home his breaks stopped working. He said when he presses the break pedal he hears air leaking from under the dashboard. There is break fluid in the reservoir, but it doesn't seem to be stopping.

Any help would be great to get us wheeling again.

If he is hearing air leaking it might be the brake vacum booster has gone bad. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was thinking breaking booster. I have not got a chance to check it out yet. But my thought was maybe a vacuum hose was leaking.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from my brothers. No more replies needed. It is the booster. He'll be back on the trails soon. Thanks.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I would look at the brake booster.

Big smile.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yer welcome any time. I'm here to help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts