Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told recently that if I buy a jeep wrangler 'which I've been saving money for' and don't lift it will be a waste of money. Kinda turned me off from buying one what do y'all think??

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
If ya don't wheel it, then it would be a waste of money IMO. Once ya start wheeling it you'll probably want to start modding it. But it's your money, do what ya want.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I think a stock jeep is still one of the best wheeling machines. There are not to many vehicle you can go from show room to wheel and be as capable as a jeep. Trust me you will be pleased with what you get. We all were at one time. It is just one of those things you will get out there and realise you want a little better traction and will get tires then you will want a little more clearance so you will get a lift and so on and so forth you will end up with a rig you love.

·
Registered
76 Posts
x2 what jkurubi11 said.
IMO the stock Jeeps are what you want to buy for modding because you don't have to figure out what some hack did to it before you owned it. Even a stock Jeep is a very fun DD and a capable off-roader as it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill eventually do all the bad ass **** to it.. but like today I seen a stock wrangler with the doors and top off and I was grinning like a goat eating briars

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Nothing wrong with stock Jeeps. Most can fit 30" tires comfortably, 31's with a little squeeze, gives it more of an aggressive stance, and a whopping 1.5" extra ground clearance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think his problem is he always buys trucks and stuff that come lifted with huge tires but my brothers always told me that real jeeps are made and not bought

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine is stock, mine will stay stock.
Mine will go 95% of the places that a lifted jeep will go, and do it a lot cheaper.
If I decide to sell my 97 and get a newer one, it will sell faster.
I don't need a ladder to get in.

It's yours, do what ya want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.