Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Keith of JeepForum was contacted by Autoguide.com who expressed interest in purchasing JeepForum.

After many months of consideration and the eventual negotiations the decision was made to sell. Part of the terms of the contract was for Keith and by extension myself, to exit any site that fell into the Jeep vertical. That being said as of today Autoguide.com now owns WranglerBoard.

I’ve had a great time with you all. Building WranglerBoard has been fantastic, and the friendships I have made with you all will carry long into the future. I’m very proud of what we have done here and I know you will all continue to make this the best Wrangler community online.

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Austin on WranglerBoard.com
I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

Philip

·
Jeep flyer
4,746 Posts
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for AutoGuide.com and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Austin on WranglerBoard.com
I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

Philip
Do you own a jeep ??

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

What are our intentions?

Will leadership change?

What am I here for?

Philip
Thanks for making this clear. I know that the community has some concerns in that regard and you have done a great job of clearing that up.

For the record guys I'm not going anywhere. I've spent a while getting to know you all and I have no intention of leaving WranglerBoard.com.

I know what you guys are thinking "But Austin, this is our chance to be rid of you". I assure you it's not.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do I have to give back the keys to the lear jet or the private rest room?

Welcome Phillip! Hope to see you participating in the forum.
Nope, those are yours to keep. We will be changing the locks, but those worthless keys should be a good memento.

And no more mani-pedi's that you special requested either.

Welcome Phillip!
Is that what those charges were?

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I filled the wing tanks with tap water before giving it back to Austin, just like I watered down the whiskey bottles in our bar when I was a kid. Hopefully he won't notice since my parents never did.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
Recently Keith of JeepForum was contacted by Autoguide.com who expressed interest in purchasing JeepForum.

After many months of consideration and the eventual negotiations the decision was made to sell. Part of the terms of the contract was for Keith and by extension myself, to exit any site that fell into the Jeep vertical. That being said as of today Autoguide.com now owns WranglerBoard.

I’ve had a great time with you all. Building WranglerBoard has been fantastic, and the friendships I have made with you all will carry long into the future. I’m very proud of what we have done here and I know you will all continue to make this the best Wrangler community online.
wait so is this place going to turn into another "JeepForum" ?

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wait so is this place going to turn into another "JeepForum" ?
No it was already another Jeepforum minus some of the rules and asshats. It has been affiliated since day one.
This is correct. WranglerBoard was/is a companion site for JeepForum.

I've been good friends with that Admin since we were kids.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Let's hope they don't try to make them all be the same. I have memberships at both of the other 2. One paid. There is a reason I don't go to them very often.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.