Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, this is my first post....

I'm looking to get my first jeep soon, but I can't seem to decide between sahara or rubicon. What are the advantages of both? I'm looking for something to drive to work city/highway driving, but on the weekends some off roading.

Any suggestions :) thanks :)

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
The Rubicon will have a better rear axle and a few other better things for wheeling but are gonna cost you a bit more then a sahara or base model. I say if you find onw you like regardless of model grab it.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Sahara is a trim package, Rubicon is an off road package that includes upgrades like lockers.
Rubicon if you can afford it.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Rubicons are certainly coveted, therefore are quite a bit more expensive. I wish I would have held out for one myself.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Tj or JK version? I belive they make an Unlimited Sahara Rubicon in TJ form.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If it has Rubicon in the name then buy it. Then proceed to beating the ****ing **** out of it, but not like someone who just doesn't care. It pains me more to see a perfectly good Jeep rolling down the road without a speck of dust on it than it does to see a Jeep all broken down.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The first gen Rubi axles (Lockers) leave a lot to be desired and gears for them are rather pricey.

You can build a better rig for a lot less than you'll pay for a Rubicon.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
^ He's right. Great Jeeps are built not bought.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I've beaten the piss outa mine and it's still going strong. And the gears cost more because there thicker, meaning better than standard D44 gears

That and even though you buy a rubicon, you still need to build it

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK heres what you do… find yourself a pinto, drop in a 460 in it with some Dana 60's, a 12" lift with a 2' body lift and some 44" boggers and call it good… :D

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
OK heres what you do… find yourself a pinto, drop in a 460 in it with some Dana 60's, a 12" lift with a 2' body lift and some 44" boggers and call it good… :D

Meh... already been done...........

·
Registered
25 Posts
lmao i was just joking and made all that up from the top of my head… lol i honestly never knew that.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yeah google is funny that way. Think it up, type it in, and bang, there it is. lol

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
AND!!!

If Blue Waffle Disease is a vaginal disease.....................

.....uh........

AND!!!

What about this guy?!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have a couple of franken rigs here in town.

4 door purple lincoln town car. 4x4 W/31" wheels and tires
Flat black 70's station wagon. 4x4 W/33' wheels and tires

Then this unholy monster, I really should get a pic of. He lives 1 mile from me. He has a very clean 93 YJ with a polished hardwood 1/2 top. Matching polished wood Bumpers and flares as well! It's quite pretty if you are into the wood thing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts