Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets get the ball rolling. So, you are surfing the net, wondering what your Jeep Wrangler will look like with X.XX amount of lift, with XX.X by XX.X tires. So many options, it's hard to pick the right combination...

Well fear no longer! Wrangler Board is here to the rescue!

Post a couple pics of your rig with what you've got underneath it. You need to state the year your Jeep is, the lift you have (including shackles if they aren't stock) and the size tire you are running. The preference is one pic of it on level ground, not flexed, and then one pic of it flexing.

Here's my 89. It's got a 1" shackle lift with stock leafs and currently is sitting on 235x75R15's tires. No track bars, swaybar connected.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I'll play. Since this is the Red Jeep section.. :laugh:

Attachments

·
im lost
92 Posts
Rik i really like that last picture..... i wonder who took that

ill play but this might take a while

4" procomp lift. 7/8 shackles, 33" mickey thompson baja claws, bushwacker flares, d30, d35

same setup but with rear fenders removed and severe cutting and front tube fenders i had just finished building

same setup but now on 35s. tj flares

undergoing 8.8 swap

·
im lost
92 Posts
same front suspension. rear 8.8 SOA w/stocks springs and 1/2" boomerang shackles

SOA front/rear bastard pack springs. 1/2" boomerang shackles front/rear, hi-steer, custom traction bar and a lot more to list.....(dont worry Rik, i stopped and put rel straps on after that pic. mastercraft 10,000lbs)

·
Registered
76 Posts
98TJ 38.5" Truxus M/T tires, 8" lift, F350 axles w/lockers, about 10" stretch total, Cummins 4bt engine, AX15/231. BTW for the doubters those are early CJ7 doors on a TJ, see they fit just fine.

Attachments

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
98TJ 38.5" Truxus M/T tires, 8" lift, F350 axles w/lockers, about 10-12" stretch total, Cummins 4bt engine, AX15/231.

Nice work. I'll bet you are loving that diesel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mmmmm yes and no. I love the diesel power but it breaks a lot of stuff, expensive stuff. I have gone through two sets of Warn hubs, one steering box, front driveshaft, and a D60 full case Detroit locker which is getting replaced with a ARB. All that was within the first 6 trips of wheeling it.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
You wanted low end torque, you got it.
How's the mileage?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
^ he stole it.

vvv this looks like it was fun to clean. I'm sure you left a pretty good trail fo mud on the highway....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lol! No, it really sucked cleaning it back up, not to mention I really hate mud. I had to get the wife's Durango to pull it out AND I had to listen to her gripe about the Durango skid plates dragging a few times.
It is a creek not more than a mile from home so there was no pavement, all gravel roads.
I go down in the creek all the time (have permission) and thought that it was silt and not quicksand. Had no idea it was that deep. The year before I barely got the tires dirty. I drove the Durango and my youngest daughter (15 years) drove the Jeep when I was pulling it out. She took the picture.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
That just looks like some nasty mud.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Haha Looks like you drove into wet cement!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts