Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably because it takes 116 octane... I'd imagine with so much power that light footing it would put you into the 50mpg range...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Ad is gon so we have no idea what you are talking about. Is it a convertible Smart or a new Prius station wagon?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
It was a tricycle with handlebar tassels, cute bell, daisy print seat, and a white basket on the front with a rainbow across it!

It was pretty sweet

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
When I first clicked on it I got this message.
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available
This time I got the same message but the ad is still there. Weird.

anyway..... I'd drive it like I stole it.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Hmm, it's only about 30min away, and it not that expensive. Maybe I should go for a test drive. :D a couple years ago I saw a group of these running on hwy 410(twisty scenic mountain hwy) on my way home from jeepin. There pretty cool and fast

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Looks like it would suck on a rainy day tho'.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
They are RIDICULOUSLY fast. 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds. They weigh less than 1400lbs and feature a 2.4L Honda Type-K i-Vtec engine. That engine on its own produces 230hp, and of course they have a supercharged option which puts it over 300hp. The only car that can accelerate just as fast is the Nissan GTR- of course we're talking road legal (yes you can make an atom road legal).

Rainy days would suck, but with the right tires you wouldn't fly off the road. With full race slicks it grips track corners like super glue grips your fingers to themselves. I got to ride in one one time. Fast is an understatement.

There is a dealer in Temecula too..

http://www.arielatom.com/index.php

----------

If you had the money, the Atom to buy was the Atom 500 V8. Had a naturally aspirated 457hp 3.0L V8 engine custom built for the atom. 0-60 speed is the same, but from 60mph to top speed the acceleration is face melting (top speed is around 190mph), too bad they only made 25 of them.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Note to self: Purchase lottery ticket.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also partly the reason I'm not going to college... Can get that **** online, save up for an Atom...................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts