Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good winter specific tire to run on a '12 Wrangler Rubicon. I bought a spare set of stock wheels, just need tires. It will be our main road trip vehicle for the winter, be it to the ski hill or just a holiday, to running errands. The best traction possible in snow and on ice is what I want. Not too concerned about noise, wear, etc unless they are so loud we could not chat inside as we drove, or they only last 5,000 miles and are bald.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just run the same rubber year round. OH, wait a minute, I live in sunny So Cal.:D

Wish I could help you Craig.

·
37 Posts
What is a good winter specific tire to run on a '12 Wrangler Rubicon. I bought a spare set of stock wheels, just need tires. It will be our main road trip vehicle for the winter, be it to the ski hill or just a holiday, to running errands. The best traction possible in snow and on ice is what I want. Not too concerned about noise, wear, etc unless they are so loud we could not chat inside as we drove, or they only last 5,000 miles and are bald.
I love my Firestone Destination A/Ts then again depends on how deep of snow you get. Most i've driving in is 3 ft with these and they did great. If you want something more aggressive then BFG KM2s are great. A friend of mine had em. Too sever for delaware though so he downsized.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I love my Firestone Destination A/Ts then again depends on how deep of snow you get. Most i've driving in is 3 ft with these and they did great. If you want something more aggressive then BFG KM2s are great. A friend of mine had em. Too sever for delaware though so he downsized.
I have those on one of my F250's and love them. Never run them in the snow but eveywhere else they are great.

·
37 Posts
I have those on one of my F250's and love them. Never run them in the snow but eveywhere else they are great.
Well my original tires were great in the snow as well, but they stopped making them lol. (Wrangler brand not sure what exactly they were) But called up firestone after finding out they had a sale.. got my Destinations for 400 for four tires. Figured that was a steal. Best purchase i've made in a long time. That was 2 years ago. Hoping they last another year they're just now 50% through the tread.

·
Registered
979 Posts
For ice nothing but studded tires works, for snow you live in Canada you should know better than us So Cali folks what works. We play at best a few days a year in the snow. Us folks are funny, we go visit the snow like tourists.
Some trails in winter are like one long traffic jam :D
If your local tire shops cannot help you talk to some of the folks in Ontario Canada that live near the great lakes. They deal with more snow than any person ever should

·
Registered
23 Posts
My jeep did fine last winter with the stock minivan tires on it. We run studded tires on our Ram in the winter. Had Hankook dynapro ATMs on my liberty that did really good in the snow. Of course, in western Wa we don't get much snow to begin with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts