Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made some windshield light brackets today.

I started with a section of angle steel and measured out the windshield hinges cut a couple pieces up. Cleaned them and painted it. It was getting a little cold so I haven't drilled or mounted them but I should be doing that tomorrow. :)

ForumRunner_20120316_190451.jpg

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Standing by for further information..........

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So of course right when I pull an all nighter thanks to insomnia and I get ready to go drill and mount my lights... Its snowing... In the middle of friggen match. I mean really spring supposedly starts in 3 days... WTF?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts

Attachments

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
lol you try staying up all night.. then working on your garage all day did i mention on no sleep... ill do it tomorrow
.................^^^^^................
Yeah, I used to drink that when I lived in Mexico....

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It's actually pretty good. I haven't seen it around. Maybe BevMo? I need to pick up some beer so I'll check.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I have the same lights on my windshield. Looks good.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mumblewood said:
Looks great!
Thanks bud :) it was alot harder to fabricate than I expected but thats because I had to bend the angle iron from a 90 to a 45 and I dont have a reliable table vise or a torch lol but all is done and looking good :) I'm happy

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its totally worth it :) my only fear is I'm not sure if its legal to have them up there or not

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yes it's legal. You just cannot have more than six forward facing lights uncovered. The only reason I cover my bumper lights is to keep them from getting broken while I tow behind the motorhome.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Why is it every pic of your Jeep you post it's wet. Does the sun ever shine where you live?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barely.... Only june through september sometimes october if we are lucky but its cold pretty much 9 months out of the year...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts