Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes it will, 31's isn't to bad with the 3.73 gears, 4.10's would be better. By the way those fit without a lift. Bigger than that you definitely want to consider regearing

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put 35s on mine. It originally had 31s.
It drives way different. It is what it is. Stock will always be the best for daily driving.
Bigger tires mean you'll have to change many things. In my opinion it's well worth it. Number one you'll need a lift kit depending on how big you go. For my 35s I only needed a 3" lift. 33s you'll only need a 1.5 inch budget boost.
I also installed a beefier steering stabilizer. Which helped because the bigger tires made the steering very sensitive. Bigger more heavy duty breaks or at the minimum better pads is a must. Big wheels creates a lot of rolling force. They say you need to re-gear as well but it's not really necessary. Stacey David from "Gears" says anything over 35 inch you need to re gear. There is also the fact that you need to recalibrate you speedo. I used a Superchips flashpaq to retune everything. If you get bigger tires it's the one thing I would highly recommend. It helped with HP, speedo calibration, shift points, etc.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would venture to say that anything at 33" or bigger tires you need to re-gear.
it's defiantly a good ideal to re gear but not necessary for 35s. My gas mileage is about the same as stock, if not slightly better after I used the Superchips tuner. I am running 35s with stock gears. However,, I entertained the ideal of re gearing but it's not a high priority for me. My jeep drives better than I thought it would.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.