Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your setup if you do. I'd like to use mine more, but about the only time i do is driving on the highway. Don't hardly talk much anymore, just listen.

Ok you jokers, i'll post mine up later....its dark out. :p

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
We use them when wheeling all the time. I will get a pic of mine when I clear the 50 pounds of crap out of the front seats of my jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I myself have a portable CB set up with Velcro mounts, magnetic antenna and cigarette lighter. It is on my shelf for 364 days a year, but will use it once a year, maybe.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I have that handheld to. The only time mine is ever on is on the trail other then that it never gets used.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're handy on the interstate. If mine's on i can usually hear about roadblocks and such before i hit them...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I'm sure.....:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most of the Jeepers up here use CB's. From what I've seen, most use a cheap unit (like a Cobra - Walmart) and spend a few extra bucks on a decent antenae and mount.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have an old cobra CB that I want to get mounted in my Jeep. Want to get a tuffy locking box beforehand though...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Sorry for the blurry picture.
Mine (in the Jeep) only gets used on the trail.
It's a Cobra all in the mic one.
The silver box mounts up under the dash and the only thing that shows is the removable mic. All the controls and display are on the mic. I am getting the same one for the motorhome. Less clutter.
Fire Stick antenna.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Whats a good antenna to use? I'm still clueless on this matter...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Whats a good antenna to use? I'm still clueless on this matter...
The most popular and what gets the most praise is the FireStik.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just remember, if you can't afford to get a good radio and a good antenna......get a cheap radio and a good antenna.

The antenna is what does all the work.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Cobra radios are very nice compared to some others. I think Cobra is the nice for us guys who are not truckers and don't use them all day every day.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't say Cobra was cheap. I didn't say any specific brand was.....

I have a Cobra in my truck and I like it a lot. It's not a fancy model, but it works well and has weatherband....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

This is what I've got. Was helping clean out a house when I stumbled across it, home owner said I could take it. Looks completely unmolested.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Both my clubs run them, I bought a cheap uniden off ebay in 2003 for $5. and it still works great.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
If it works it is good in my book. My Cobra barely works but then again it has been in a small electrical fire.

I must have gotten it from Rik.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts