Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who rides? Onroad/offroad.

I've got 4 toys I like to play with. And still expanding my collection.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^That's one sweet Yota.

If you observe closely, there is a Kawasaki KXT :)

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
That Yota was an 87 with an 03 glass kit. I took it from lowered to that. I have a buddy that had a fab shop and parts were cheap so I built it. I ended up selling it cheap for $6500. I saw it for sale a year later by the guy who bought it for $14,000.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Here is a recent pic of two of my quads. One I use for hunting and I have two of the red ones for whatever.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I'm jealous Chris... :D

I'm surprised you dont have a 4x4 quad for hunting....

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I am cheap. and have a jeep when it is not being re built. I have been up in the air about a 4x4 quad but I really only quad hunt twice a year anyway. I bought that polaris a year old for 300 bucks from a neighbor, he let his kid borrow it and he drove it into a pond and drug it out and parked it for six months. Needless to say most of the motor was shot and corroded. I rebuilt it and it has been a good quad since.

On the cheap part I only pay cash for toys and I look for deals, never pay full price.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I grew up riding dirt and street bikes, but moved into quads after some really bad crashes.
I sold my Honda TRX450R a while back, but still have the Honda Rancher 4X4 quad.
Here's me on the 450 at Ocotillo Wells and Betsy (same place) on the Rancher....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got boatloads of them

My buddy jumping my other buddy:

^He's still kind of learning how to ride.

^Me on one of those 4 wheeled contraptions.

I have no idea why my buddy with the 350X thinks it's better to land with the nose WAY in the air, but he does it time and time again. And I mean WAY in the air, not a slightly nose up attitude.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More 3 wheeled shens.

^Different buddy, same 350X.

Can we extend the images per posts to like 10 or something?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay one more..

Back when my Tecate was still green.....

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I was always told 3 wheelers were real easy to roll. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not at all. Not anymore-so than a 4 wheeler. That would have been media BS that said "3 wheelers are dangerous" and the reason for the notorious-ness behind them and ridiculous accusations like "easy to roll" or "unstable in corners".

Never banned, only voluntarily stopped ;)

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I've only ridden a traditional quad twice. We have a side by side at work that is super handy. One of those "How did we do without this?" type things... :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^Depends on what you are going to do. If you use the dunes a lot i'd keep the rail. Rails are ALWAYS a lot smoother than side by sides or quads.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Over the last few years I have been doing a lot more hunting and trail riding then using the rail, infact the rail hasn't seen dirt in three or so years. I take it out twice a year and do wheelies up and down the road and then park it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What's the asking price?

Just got a new rear master cyl for my Tecate. Oh how awesome is it to be able to stop on a dime again :) :D :p

1 - 20 of 104 Posts