Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being curious about our members, I'd like to know who is the most famous person you ever met?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Glen Fry. I dated his wife's mom. She married him at age 17. She was a Rebok model. He came to Kauai when I was flying there and I took them up for a tour too.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I met Vic Tayback from the series "Alice" at LAX waiting for the same plane as me. I met Telly Savalas from the series "Kojack" at a restaurant on Rodeo Drive..
And Billy Mummy from the series "Lost in Space". His cousin lived two doors away and he visited often. He was kind of a spoiled snot.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember back in the 60's, I was inside a discount store (similar to the 99 cent store) and saw this guy perusing the aisles wearing a fur coat and I began laughing hysterically. My friend's mom pulled me away and told me that was Liberace. I also saw the Beatles live in concert in Las Vegas. I also recently drove very close near Moderator Chris's house, but he was having a party and forgot to invite me!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Don't get me started on live concerts...

I saw Kareem Abdul Jabbardriving down the 405 freeway in his convertible Rolls. His head was above the windshield.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Must suck to only be able to drive convertibles 'cuz you're so tall.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I know I am famous and all........

I have met Sean Connery years ago. My parent use to sell antique furniture to Cameron Diaz and I tiled William Shatners house about 13 years ago.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Oh yeah! I met Linda Ronstadt at a gas station in Malibu a long time ago. She was driving a Mercedes station wagon with two Dobermans in the back.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sonny from POD. Went to his moms wedding, actually. My dads friend was marrying her, so we were invited along to take photos and the likes.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
POD..... People On Drugs?

·
4,987 Posts
Well, lets see...being in the roofing business we've had the opportunity to work for Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Kenny Cheesney, Jack White, Nicole Kidman/Keith Urban, Clint Black, Naomi Judd. Meet Tanya Tucker, Tammy Wynett, went to church with Miss Minnie Pearl and when I first moved to Nashville 25 years ago and sold drugs, I meet Johnny Cash at the Medicine Shoppe in Hendersonville and believe it or not he actually said "Hi, I'm Johnny Cash" when the pharmacist introduced us.:)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts