Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the uniden bearcat pro505xl
Cb radio, and can't really find a good place to
Fit with easy access but not have it in the way. I was thinking about putting it on my dash. Any other cheap ideas?

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sport utility vehicle Jeep

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Inside your armrest console? Out of sight, out of mind for the passer by thief.
You can remote a speaker so you can still hear it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking that. The lock is stripped on my armrest so I'd have to replace that before I do it. Plus I've never wired anything to a car so that would be a good first start

·
Registered
7 Posts
cb

I mounted mine under the glovebox, almost touching the center console, then ran the mike over console and mounted on the panel just below the gauge cluster. seems to work just fine...

·
43 Posts
Wiring.... a red hot wire, a black ground wire and you there. Screw on a co-ax for the antenna and plug in your remote speaker, this should be a very simple install. As to location....... probably under dash in the center ahead of the shifters. Remember if you put it in some akward place without 'line of sight' you will likely wish you had mounted it in a better viewable place.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been meaning to dust of my uniden and mount it in the jeep, still need to get an antenna etc

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
The mic cord swinging back and forth in my field of view would be annoying. JMHO.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I don't sit on the dash and drive, my head is no where near it.:cool:
Then move your seat all the way forward and lean in. Take it like a man!

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I am considering buying a new CB, but would mount it low and out of sight, and for vol, chls etc just use the control on the mike.
Get this one then.......

Only thing that shows is the mic, and it is detachable. The head unit mounts behind the dash. I am very happy with mine.

I'm getting another one for my motorhome. Less dash clutter.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
RikRotorhead said:
Get this one then.......

Only thing that shows is the mic, and it is detachable. The head unit mounts behind the dash. I am very happy with mine.

I'm getting another one for my motorhome. Less dash clutter.
You know you can get the hidden box seperately and just move the handset between vehicles?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
You know you can get the hidden box seperately and just move the handset between vehicles?
Yeah I know, but I want two. I'm greedy that way.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.