Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Orange Co Calif. and was wondering where some good non Rubicon needed trails are? I've done Cleghorn to Lake Arrowhead and I'll be checking out Santiago Peak this weekend. I've been through most of our local deserts around Barstow. My son does a lot of rock crawling with his jeep. I'm not quite ready to do what he does, and my jeep simply isn't equipt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm exhausted! 7:30 last night, "Mom, let's go on a run to Santiago Peak???" Thinking of the continued rain in the area I hesitatingly say ok. As soon as we hit the dirt and a few major bumps my Labrador in the back seat attempts to jump in my lap and take over driving. I could see it in his eyes, "Not you too mom?" Only Mike takes me on Mr. Toads Wild Ride in the middle of the night! So, as I beat him back to his bed and gave him a let out run half way to the top, Teemu decided that he wasn't going to die tonight.

The road was pretty easy, not that well cared for which made it fun for us. We met some kids at the top that struggled up from the backside...from Elsinore in Toyota pickups. I must say if I do this again I need KC lights!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.