Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 235 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Tolerance is a virtue.
I have chrome wheels on my Avalanche and on my motorhome.....

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've gotta defend those of us whose Jeep ain't covered in mud all the time, or lifted to the point of needing a ladder to get in.
Mines a 97, 4 banger. I live in the 'burbs. I bought mine because:

A. Love 'em. Always have.
B. Bad midwest winters.
C. Occasional fishing/outdoor trips with the kiddies to places you ain't gonna get to in a mini-van.
D. Farm work at my folks place, crossing fields, cutting through logging rds etc.

I HAVE NOT modified anything because.
A. It does just fine like it sits. They've crossed battlefields in many terrains since WWII in "stock" form.
B. $$$$$$ won't be spent on non-necessities. I've got roughly 5 grand in mine.
C. I can get to 95% of the places that the monster Jeeps can, except maybe over a boulder the size of my house.
D. I don't anticipate a zombie apocalypse or civil war anytime soon.
E. I drive it to the mall sometimes. (daughters, whadda ya gonna do?)

I wave at all of the other Wrangler versions, short, tall, fat, skinny, yellow, pink, round, square etc.

So, for all of the folks that have to crawl up the side of a building, or pour buckets of mud on their Jeep, I say more power to ya, Keep Jeepin.

But you better wave at me or I'm comin for ya.

·
Moduhrater
809 Posts
Do you even know what the word trolling means? it means to say something to get a rise out of a person. IE arguing a point you may very well know is wrong just to aggravate and get a rise out of someone. The internet has changed so much in the last 10 years.. shame.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
let me ask you this bro. how many people have me and em got to come here? i think 7 or 8? in less then a month and there not "spammers" or "newbs" to the jeep world like you keep saying. the kid you busted on for having the name -XJ- has been a mod/admin on many different jeep and other forums. HermanMunster also a "newb" is a mod on a highly active jeep community. i have been a mod/owner of different boards over the years. so tell me how am i the newb? how are any of them newbs? grow up bro. Emily also has threads with thousands of views/posts in different boards... then you got darkproximity whos in the army fighting for your right to sit behind your computer on your high horse and act like your the king of the interwebs. AND THEN?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Cool your jets guys.
This is the internet. Reading words on a screen does not give infliction of tone, nor does it project personality. That said, it's important we don't say things that might be taken the wrong way. Sometimes a little tolerance can go a long way for both sides. A mod knows this as does most anybody that has been on forums over the years. I've been a mod and an admin on boards for many years and I've seen a lot of crap and a lot of misunderstandings.
Sometimes it's better to bite your lip and ignore things you read in a forum, and move on like it was never posted. A direct insult is different but personality conflicts just go on and on forever.
If somebody pisses you off enough that you would reply badly, take it to a PM instead of airing it where everybody else has to see it. Takes all the fun out of being here.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
We are definitely in need of a wide array of smilies. It would help to set the mood in some of the posts.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
^ I like that one.

I think the smileys would help on many occasions. It is hard to read sarcasm and emotion in typing. With that said lets all try to get along, I don't like to get rid of anyone but I will if needed.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
^ I like that one.

I think the smileys would help on many occasions. It is hard to read sarcasm and emotion in typing. With that said lets all try to get along, I don't like to get rid of anyone but I will if needed.
its all good relax. theres no need to get all jumpy with the ban hammer. xpress might bruise easily we don't know. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I speak for many when I say that you folks have brought some really good fun into this forum, especially in the last few days. Keep it going!

41 - 60 of 235 Posts