221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Pot meet kettle. lol

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I like my Chrome grille cover. I don't need to prove my offroading ability to anyone. they can just gander at the side of my Jeep for proof.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Does it look anything like the side of my jeep? My doors barely open anymore since slamming into so many rocks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just what does the Jeep Wave mean to you?

To me, it's more than just an expression of pride in ownership of a classic Jeep vehicle. It's that special way you feel when you drive it, when you look at it and when you say to yourself, "it's mine!" It's knowing you share the experience with someone who likely feels the same way you do. Years ago, when I drove more conventional . . . frankly boring . . . automobiles, no one ever came up to me to ask . . . "How do you like your Whatever?" But I do get people who approach me in parking lots to ask, "How do you like your Jeep?" It's usually followed by, "I'm thinking about getting one." Yep. There's just something extra special about owning and driving a Jeep--a feeling you just won't get with anything else, in my opinion. It's the only vehicle that can turn even an ordinary trip to the supermarket into an adventure.
Nice!! I drive a JK Unlimited Sahara but I wave to all my fellow wrangler drivers! I love my jeep and am sooooo proud to be driving one! I wave and if they don't wave back, no biggie. Somedays I get people who will almost jump out of their window to wave :eek: and other days are just a dudd:cool: But it's all ok to me cause I'm driving my Jeep! It may not have all the cool mods YET but soon my friends very soon :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wave to all my fellow wranglers and any other jeep if it has the wheeler look. :) Sadly I do not get as many return waves as I should. Usually from the soccor mom's with JK's.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
VonGruber said:
I wave to all my fellow wranglers and any other jeep if it has the wheeler look. :) Sadly I do not get as many return waves as I should. Usually from the soccor mom's with JK's.
Yehhhh i blame dealerships for not explaining what a jeep is and what its about to be an owner. Its not just a rig its a life style.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yehhhh i blame dealerships for not explaining what a jeep is and what its about to be an owner. Its not just a rig its a life style.
I agree wholeheartedly about the lifestyle aspect--that's certainly the point I make. As for dealerships, they just want to sell vehicles and to them, the bottom line is the bottom line. I think they leave it pretty much to the manufacturer to handle the branding part and that includes selling the lifestyle. In that respect, I think Jeep does a pretty good job with Camp Jeep, etc. To me, though, the Jeep Wave is kind of like the secret handshake of a club or fraternal organization. Those that give and return it are IN. Those that don't are OUT. They don't get it. I don't view them as infidels but rather as ignorant and uninitiated. I give the Jeep Wave as much to recruit new members as I do to recognize fellow members. The pure joy I exact from owning and driving my Jeep Wrangler is simply too much to keep all to myself. I wish it for everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
alright, if its tastefully done, thats fine. but like...those poor poor wranglers that are dripping with it...i feel bad for them...and want to punch their owners
I never get a return wave in South Florida. I do have a red Jeep and chrome wheels with 31's. I already damaged the rails on the passenger side on rocks. I resent the fact that just becuase I bought a new Jeep that I should be ignored. Yes it is clean becuase I do wash it from time to time.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll wave at a JK, but I wait for them to wave first. I quit waving first after several of the driver looked at me like I was a stalker.

Okay, maybe I'm stereotyping/profiling, but most JKUs in my area are driven by a 30 something, "stay-at-home mom" types. Most of the time they are yapping on a phone on the way home from the gym or bookstore to get the kids off the bus.

I like to think they aren't really snotty, just distracted or un-initiated.

I get a wave from the JK two doors about 50% of the time, and I'm happy to wave back.

I think as the JK models get older, we're starting to see more "real" Jeepers like joeincs, greenjeepgurl and Jeepninja driving them and waving too. They'll get traded in for new BMWs and Jeepers will pick them up after they trade in their YJs and TJs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with the comment that as JKs come on the used market they will in many instances be snapped up by Jeep enthusiasts and, as a result, you'll see more returned Jeep Waves coming from them. I, myself, have never bought a brand new Jeep. All of mine, and I have had four altogether, have been pre-owned but gently used. I have often said that there seems to be a cadre of folks out there that "think" they want a Jeep but end up trading inside of a year. It seems that for them, the thrill is short lived and I suspect such owners and their vehicles are mismatched from the start. A Jeep just ain't no Towncar or Cadillac. Still, the good news there is that such previous owners "manufacture" quality used classic Jeep vehicles for the rest of us. I think "Beau" has finally figured out that I'm not trading him--we've been together for more than two and a half years now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Umbra said:
I'll wave at a JK, but I wait for them to wave first. I quit waving first after several of the driver looked at me like I was a stalker.

Okay, maybe I'm stereotyping/profiling, but most JKUs in my area are driven by a 30 something, "stay-at-home mom" types. Most of the time they are yapping on a phone on the way home from the gym or bookstore to get the kids off the bus.

I like to think they aren't really snotty, just distracted or un-initiated.

I get a wave from the JK two doors about 50% of the time, and I'm happy to wave back.

I think as the JK models get older, we're starting to see more "real" Jeepers like joeincs, greenjeepgurl and Jeepninja driving them and waving too. They'll get traded in for new BMWs and Jeepers will pick them up after they trade in their YJs and TJs.
Hey I wave!! I wave at all my fellow wranglers :) I absolutely LOVE my jeep!! I pray nothing ever happens to her ;) and in fact I am looking for a TJ to add to my garage but just can't seem to find one that isn't going to require more money than I have to fix her up. Cause I still have a list of mods for my new baby...slowly but surely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey I wave!! I wave at all my fellow wranglers :) I absolutely LOVE my jeep!!
I know and share the feeling. I, too, wave at all classic Jeep vehicles--CJ, YJ, TJ and JK. Part of it, and perhaps it is vain to say, but I love my Jeep and enjoy demonstrating it by waving at fellow Jeepers. I fancy that others on the road driving other boring vehicles like minivans somehow catch the fever and say to themselves, "You know, that looks like fun." I look upon the Jeep Wave as sort of a not so secret handshake to an exclusive club whose membership only requires Jeep ownership and enjoyment.

·
Banned
37 Posts
here is my view on the "wave". Apparently there are still divisions among the Jeep family.. Jeep Jk's tend to wave to other Jk's.. However, The Jeep JKU's have yet to wave to me (JK) but tend to wave at other JKU models.. So even within a family certain models/drivers tend to wave to other like models.. Granted I'll not wave to a xj etc.. and I even feel funny waving to Yj's and Tj's.. So clearly there is some division between all of the Jeep members.. and personally I rather like it this way.. Also I think it's more or less an age related issue.. The younger set tend to wave at all jeeps.. while the older set.. don't wave at all.. (just my view of things)

221 - 235 of 235 Posts