Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have to take pictures when im home but only on the right back side of my yj is a triangle piece of metal bolted on what is this for?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It's a tow hook for pulling your buddy's H2 out of a ditch.
It also doubles as a cheese slicer.

Or not.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahhhahaha I actually did think it was if I or someone got stuck then realized it wasn't very tough so im glad I know now :)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Really? Then why did they put coil springs on the back of the TJ? lol
They were smart with the Cherokee and kept the leafs in the back for better towing/load capability.
But, they decided ride was better than performance, and then put in heated seats, electric windows and mirrors, and lots and lots of cup holders for your double latte.
I love flaming TJs. I would wheel one if I had one. Don't hate on me.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Mine is useless. Backed into the fence when backing out of my driveway one day. And well... The rest is history...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really? Then why did they put coil springs on the back of the TJ? lol
They were smart with the Cherokee and kept the leafs in the back for better towing/load capability.
But, they decided ride was better than performance, and then put in heated seats, electric windows and mirrors, and lots and lots of cup holders for your double latte.
I love flaming TJs. I would wheel one if I had one. Don't hate on me.
The coils would've been fine if they'd've used a triangulated 4-link from the get-go, but nooooooooooo...

Vented seats, I can understand...helps with washing the mud out of them at the end of a trail, snow melts straight thru, and you don't stick to them so bad. Heated seats are for wimps...and yes, I know what I'm talking about. I drive mine when it's -40F. The heater works just fine, and if it doesn't, that's what Walls makes insulated coveralls for, dag nabbit! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I want a TJ...as a builder. Electric seats/mirrors/steps/etc. go bye-bye. I wouldn't mind a couple cupholders tho...somewhere to put my water/soda bottle when on my way to work.

·
King Thread De-Railer
2,801 Posts
I want a TJ...as a builder. Electric seats/mirrors/steps/etc. go bye-bye. I wouldn't mind a couple cupholders tho...somewhere to put my water/soda bottle when on my way to work.

your obvi thinking about a JK we don't have said electric seats/mirrors and steps? ew who has steps. the cup holders blowww. if you have 2 drinks you cant use 2nd gear at all(inless u have a small drink then it just works). we do however have one hell of an oversized dash. its a shame they didn't stick with the same setup as the CJs/YJs keep the dash small and out of the way not make it half the rig.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts