Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Anniversary Edition (2-door) which currently has 245/75/17 tires, but I am wanting to get larger tires. Could someone tell me how large of tires I would be able to go with? I was hoping to get larger tires without having to get a lift, larger wheels, etc. Is that possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, most Jeeps need lifts for tires that are 33” or larger. If it's less than 33" you don't need a lift. But be carefull, if the tires are too wide, they will rub against the fenders.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What tires did you install? I'm currently searching for new mud tires from 4WheelOnline to replace my existing stock. I haven't used my Wrangler for months and tire replacement is quite overdue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not only do you need to be aware that the larger tires may rub against your fenders, you need to know that they may also rub other places like the inside of your wheel wells or the springs. I have a 94 Wrangler YJ that the previous owner pulled the regular tires off of and put some 33's on. Now I have to be very careful making a sharp left turn as the inside of the left front tire will rub against the spring and also the inside of the sheet metal placed on the inside of the wheel well (not sure what that is called, it looks like it is aftermarket and may be part of the added small front fenders put on). Personally, I would like to replace the tires with something smaller myself, but my tire guy said I would end up with a large gap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts