Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1285 Posts

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I told a co-worker about the bad gas mileage at 80mph today and she said her grandma's Rubicon (I think late 90s) was the same way. Anything above 70mph and you're just killing the gas mileage. The best gas mileage I ever got was 23mpg and that was driving 65mph-70mph the entire tank. But it all makes sense because it takes 8 times the horsepower to go twice as fast. It just gets exponentially worse with gas mileage the faster you go.
Yes. My buddies Civic is the same. Not because of aerodynamics but weak power plant. I babied her Grand in our way to vacation last year and held her at 65 entire way. I achieved mid 20s as well. On way home I ran 75-80 and was getting her typical 14-16. But man I just wanted to get home. Lol.

I did also notice in my JK a drop in mileage and oil consumption (2-3 quarts / 3,000 miles) over the past year or so. I ended up changing out my PCV valve. My mileage is back and oil is holding steady now over the past few weeks..

·
Registered
100 Posts

On Earth Day, 2015 @ Devil's Tower, WY. So the picture isn't from "today", but close enough.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Finally got her a proper parking spot inside..

image-3124606021.jpg

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Finally put on the fuel door I received as a Christmas gift.

image-3986027432.jpg

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Stripped her naked and drove a whopping 5 miles. Lol

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
This will be my 3rd. Gonna wait until it goes all the way before I claim it.
I hear that, I've been ignoring them as long as I can. Lol. No cracks yet

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sadly the blasted chips seem to never really crack! I did however see a guy following a gravel truck around last year... Lol windshield suicide

·
Registered
100 Posts
I too had to replace my windshield twice.

First time was a rock that nailed it so hard that glass flaked off. It hit it right in the corner where there is metal behind the glass to hold it in place. I waited quite a while on that one. It never got worse, but I figured I should replace it since it couldn't be filled/fixed.

The second time I was being stupid and got too close to a semi driving on pea gravel. Too many chips to ignore. (Plus a crack.)

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Admired her fine nakedness as I walked past her to the truck. Had to haul a mower to old house. :/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Last night it rained so flipping hard I just had to go play! I couldn't help myself.
I had some pics to share but the phone is being a POS

·
Registered
100 Posts
Today I noticed that the paint job is in even worse condition that I thought. Not sure I care.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One less thing to worry about.
Once there was a tree down on the road that I live on. It blocked the entire road but not the ditch. After I drove around the tree using the ditch some one in a truck asked me how I got around it and then he said "I thought about driving in the ditch, but I didn't want the tree top to scratch my paint." Which made me wonder why he bought a truck if he's not going to use it.

1241 - 1260 of 1285 Posts