Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

This is my first time to the boards here and I am pleased to be in the presence of so much knowledge :D

I'm hoping someone can help with this code I had pop up this weekend. I have searched the net far and wide without finding any reference to code "P007". I did find a code list online but they all seem to start at P100 and go up from there? I am hoping someone here may know of this code? Any help would be awesome!

FYI.. I was driving on the freeway around 60 mph and heard a click sound and the CEL popped up. I have not noticed any issue with the vehicle performance at the time or since.

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
How are you checking the code? Maybe a code reader will be best since it can have text telling you what the code means. (At least my code reader tells me what the code actually means.)

Most auto parts stores will use a code reader on it for free. (It's a marketing ploy to get you to buy parts from them.)

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Welcome to the board. The typical code should be (4) numbers long. How did you get the code read?

P0016 ‐ CRANKSHAFT/CAMSHAFT TIMING MISALIGNMENT
P0031 ‐ O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW
P0032 ‐ O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH
P0037 ‐ O2 SENSOR 1/2 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW
P0038 ‐ O2 SENSOR 1/2 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH
P0051 ‐ O2 SENSOR 2/1 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW
P0052 ‐ O2 SENSOR 2/1 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH
P0057 ‐ O2 SENSOR 2/2 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW
P0058 ‐ O2 SENSOR 2/2 HEATER CIRCUIT HIGH
P0071 ‐ AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE
P0072 ‐ AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW
P0073 ‐ AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
P0107 ‐ MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW
P0108 ‐ MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
P0111 ‐ INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR RATIONALITY
P0112 ‐ INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW
P0113 ‐ INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
P0116 ‐ ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR PERFORMANCE
P0117 ‐ ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Wow do I feel like an idiot right about know! :eek: These 7 day work weeks must be killing my brain cells! So on your tip 08Rescue about the four digits I went back and checked the codes again and found you are right about there being four digits. I guess I was in a fog mentally when I looked at them late last night??? I got the codes by the "on/acc/on/acc/on" method. I had two codes pop up. First is the previously unknown code...lol "P0700" not "P007" (How my brain saw that is a mystery?)...duh! It means, "Transmission Control System Malfunction" , the second was "P0522" which according to the code list I found means "engine oil pressure sensor / switch circuit low voltage". The second has been happening for some time on cold starts when the oil pressure gauge stays flat. If I turn the engine off and right back on it comes to life. I have not tried to dig into this one since it does not bringing the light on and only happens randomly. But the first code now has me concerned about the transmission? Any ideas?
FYI...I have the auto transmission.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the code confusion :rolleyes:

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Lol, we've all been there.

Here's something I found on the P0700.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0700

Might not be a bad idea to run to a parts store and have them read it. A lot of the times their readers are able to give more information on what caused the code..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, we've all been there.

Here's something I found on the P0700.

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0700

Might not be a bad idea to run to a parts store and have them read it. A lot of the times their readers are able to give more information on what caused the code..
Thanks a bunch! Great info :) My son has a similar thing happening on his Audi and it turned out to be a leaking torque converter seal. I hope this is not my case! Thanks for leading me down the correct path. I will let you know what I find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts