Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring turkey season starts next weekend here in Tennessee. My hunting buddy took his 6 yo this weekend on the juvenile hunt and waiting on a bird report. JR took a nice lil doe on the juvenile hunt at the end of deer season with a Ruger 223. Lil guy loves to hunt.

Always love getting out in the woods and enjoying nature, the outdoors and the next adventure. Anybody else getting ready for the spring gobblers?

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3:00 came early yesterday morning on the first day of turkey season. Alarm went off and after 1/2 a pot of coffee got in the truck and headed to meet my hunting buddy and his 6 year old son. After the 1-1/2 hour trip to our hunting lease, I went and set up in a pop up blind we have in a logging road they cut through a pine plantation. As soon as I got settled the gobblers were sounding off, coming from the valleys to my right and left. We plant the logging road and the log landing at the end each year and the deer and turkey tracks are abundant. Today was a good day to hear the Tom's, but for me it wasn't a good day to see them. Dale and his son ended up seeing 7 turkeys and several deer, no shoots presented themselves. His FIL, who has a farm nearby and also the lease next to us took a bird behind his house yesterday.

Theres something spiritual about sitting out in the woods and watching the world wake up from the darkness of night. Taking the time to sit quietly and enjoy the sights and sounds of the woods. Seeing the first glimmer of the orange colored sky peek through the pine branches. From the screeching of an occasional owl, to the sounds of a pack of coyotes, chirping of the crickets and the rustle of the breeze through the woods, this is what the hunting experience is to me.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Let's eat!!

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, turkey season starts March 30th here in TN, juvenile hunt this weekend. I like to see turkey season cause it makes the beginning of spring. I love getting out in the early morning woods and seeing the spring green up, listening for the turkey gobbles, seeing all the deer I didn't see during deer season.

If y'all have never enjoyed the peace and beauty of a early morning hunt, I whole heartedly recommend it. Turn off the cell phone, sit in the woods and enjoy the best that nature has to offer.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Well, turkey season starts March 30th here in TN, juvenile hunt this weekend. I like to see turkey season cause it makes the beginning of spring. I love getting out in the early morning woods and seeing the spring green up, listening for the turkey gobbles, (seeing all the deer I didn't see during deer season.)

If y'all have never enjoyed the peace and beauty of a early morning hunt, I whole heartedly recommend it. Turn off the cell phone, sit in the woods and enjoy the best that nature has to offer.
^ isn't that the truth about the Deer.

I don't personally hunt Turkey but we have a "flock"(?) of 25-30 birds depending on the day that frequent our place. Last year my uncle snagged a 9 1/2" beard there last year.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Yup. She get's her hair done up in the mountains, originally it was my excuse to go hunting. she gets her hair done and I get to kill things.

·
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup. She get's her hair done up in the mountains, originally it was my excuse to go hunting. she gets her hair done and I get to kill things.
Sounds like a well thought out and executed plan to me. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts