Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new Besttop Trektop NX on my Unlimited X and it's great when it's all on the Jeep.
My problem is when I take off the back and sides and drive over 45 mph in the wind. The back foot of the top comes loose and flaps threatening to tear the whole top off. The back area is only held on by two very small plastic pieces and they just can't take the pressure and pop out. I'm trying to figure out the best way to secure the back part of the top to the rear sport bar to take care of this.

Anyone had this problems and have a good suggestion to correct the problem? I've got a few ideas, but thought I'd pass this around for any other ideas I might have not thought of.

Here's a picture of the little black plastic clip that barely holds onto the aluminum bar:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I looked there. I'm not sure if mine is a new design or what. They talk about a sleeve that fits over the back bar, mine doesn't do that.
The back of the top just has the tiniest two plastic J hooks that secure it to the very rear aluminum bar. It's been 100+ here and the plastic is very flexible and just pops out when going over 45 mph. They barely hold it on in the first place. Not a very good design IMHO, but I love it and am willing to put in a fix of my own just to keep it down.

Just trying to see if anyone had some good fixes for this before I try my own.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
AmrcnWrwlfNTX said:
Just trying to see if anyone had some good fixes for this before I try my own.
In another thread, somebody used mini ratchet straps and another used bungees. Can't find it though.

I flagged it cause I want one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts