Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it really sucks that this kid is dead. It sounds like Zimmerman is some kind of whack-job cop wannabe.

That being said, I think racial politics that have enflamed the entire situation are pathetic.

"Zimmerman is a racist". "Trayvon is only dead because he is a black male". "Zimmerman can't be racist because he is hispanic."" He isn't hispanic enough." "he's only half hispanic, the white half is proabaly the racist" "A black man can't walk the streets without being shot down like a dog" "He shouldn't be walking around dressed like a gangster in a hoodie"

There were no less than 4 articles and columns in our local paper this morning, none of them having anything to do with facts, but all of them fanning the flames.

Gross.

Nobody is ever going to know what really happened.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is definitely a no-win situation for either side. The Media has done an outstanding job of flaming the fires for whatever causes want to pick it up...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
So was there ever a reason for him to be int the gated community he was walking in?
Zimmerman will walk. At worst he'll get manslaughter. The DA is posturing because of community pressure. It's all stupid.
Do they think Zimmerman just capped the guy for no reason or provocation? Really?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why, this is the "controversy" section.;)

Supposedly Martin was in the neighborhood because he was staying there with his dad in his dad's girlfriend's home.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I don't know the full story only what I occasionally here on the news but it seems this kid was somewhat a turd and the the Zimmerman guy was a wacko himslef.

Anyone with a gun who follows another man and antagonizes a fight and then shoots while the other man is trying to get away is guilty in my book.

I don't know for sure but I don't think Zimmerman was in his house or yard when he shot. Why was he following this guy? Why did he not let the cops come and talk to the kid?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
^^ This. They call it Neighborhood "WATCH" for a reason.
Zimmerman was probably being macho because he had steel courage in his pocket. I don't think Trayvon just started beating him up for no reason, Zimmerman was probably either trying to detain him or harassing him. When Trayvon reacted violently Zimmerman got scared and went to the gun.
Just theory on my part. I really don't know what went down other than what the media says, which is usually the opposite of the truth.

·
4,987 Posts
It really sickens me to see the circus the media has turned this into. I don't know if Zimmerman is guilty or innocent, I'll let the legal system and a jury sort that out. This whole situation has been turned into an arena for special interest groups with ulterior motives and agendas that are self serving. Every time I think we have progressed past the problems of our past, I'm perplexed by the amount of people on both sides that want to create division and hate.

·
17 Posts
I lay the blame for the spectacle this has become squarely on the shoulders of the press....there are only a very few people who actually saw what really happened. There are only two people who KNOW what happened and one of them is no longer on this Earth. The saddest thing to come out of this spectacle is that lawful, responsible gun owners rights will be challenged and/or removed by the Legislature caving under the pressure of the loud few and the scumbag press.

·
4,987 Posts
The saddest thing to come out of this spectacle is that lawful, responsible gun owners rights will be challenged and/or removed by the Legislature caving under the pressure of the loud few and the scumbag press.
Now you understand what this is really about.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I lay the blame for the spectacle this has become squarely on the shoulders of the press....there are only a very few people who actually saw what really happened. There are only two people who KNOW what happened and one of them is no longer on this Earth. The saddest thing to come out of this spectacle is that lawful, responsible gun owners rights will be challenged and/or removed by the Legislature caving under the pressure of the loud few and the scumbag press.
Truer words were never spoken!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts