Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 tj exactly 82000 miles I just replaced the tps sensor now my automatic trans is slipping from 3rd to 4th I plan on changing the filter and atf this week but I'm thinking it's not that maybe something electrical I can fix anything mechanical but the computer is not my ball park. any help for me???

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have an 03 tj exactly 82000 miles I just replaced the tps sensor now my automatic trans is slipping from 3rd to 4th I plan on changing the filter and atf this week but I'm thinking it's not that maybe something electrical I can fix anything mechanical but the computer is not my ball park. any help for me???
If it slips you would want somebody to pull codes out of the trans computer.
Does the overdrive light flash?
Computer controlled transmissions will set a code if there is slip in any gear

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Overdrive light does not flash I tried resetting the computer and that didn't help at all there is still a noticeable slip

·
Registered
979 Posts
Overdrive light does not flash I tried resetting the computer and that didn't help at all there is still a noticeable slip
Get somebody to read out the codes also does it drive fine in 3 th gear? if so do not use overdrive till you have this figured out. Might be as simple as a solenoid in the trans, but you do not want to burn the overdrive clutch before the original problem is resolved

1 - 6 of 6 Posts