Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently gotten ahold of all sorts of fabrication equipment from plasma cutters to cnc's but haven't been able to take advantage of them. I have wanted to make rock sliders for the longest time now simply because I don't want to damage my body when going up to the mountain. The problem is I cant figure out where I would mount them the frame? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
I have something like this in mind

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
The problem with those types of sliders is that they can still be bent upward into the tub. Something that envelops the bottom of the tub and comes right to the bottom of the door opening is the best option. Also, any open hoop like that is just asking for trouble. A foot or hand could easily slip in-between the rail and cause an injury.

Something like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
No, those are made by Savvy Off Road. These are a two piece design with an aluminum base and the actual "slider" is stainless steel.

I removed a set of Rock Hard sliders before installing these that had the hoop and came up lower on the tub. They actually creased the tub from being used too much as pivot points.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wouldn't. If you decide to go with a body lift then everything changes. I would go with something that mounts to the tub. Savvy, Big Daddy Off Road, and Poison Spyder would be my choices. I prefer the Savvy myself and there are a bunch of us in SoCal that use them. The Poison Spyder's have the hoop design though which I'm not a fan of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts