Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 jeeps TJ's and I swap front and rear axles assemblies from one jeep to the next to gain 3:73's and a Dana44, now my donor jeeps tire rubs when turned to the right. It's a 31" tire on stock rims and did not rub before. Same front end same type of track bar what did I miss?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is weird but the 2 TJ's I've had and the JK I have now all turn sharper one way than the other. I can't explain your problem unless your track bar bracket may be different on your new axle.. It's stumping me

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like this site it makes me think! What I did was I turn all the way to the right until the tire was rubbing he control arm and then loosen the drag link adjustment and adjusted until the tire was off the control arm. Then straighten up the wheels and adjusted until I got the steering wheel straight. This took a couple of times but I got it. I don't know if this is the right way or wrong way but it does not rub in either direction and the steering wheel is straight. I can't tell you why it did it because it did not rub before the axle swap but it seems to work out now for zero dollars which is always a plus!
Thanks for help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts