Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we are waiting to receive the new set of husky liners for our 08 wrang.. I've just been give the thumbs up on having the carpeting and rear seat removed this weekend.. woot..

In her words.. "The Carpeting Looks Like Crap, Get It Out"

So here is my concern.. when I remove the carpet and get the Huskys, (which have pointed nubs on the under side or the mat) will they remain in place after placement.. without the carpeting I feel they may slide around in the floor board.

If this is the case.. I may have a freebie husky liners to give away or trade for something.. Just passing on the good fortune to others. We'll have to wait and see..

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If the Huskys don't work to well, I've already sent an email to Steve Via husky.. just to see if these mats will work without carpeting.. If not I've opted for something else.. I hope I caught him in time before he sent out the liners.. and between you and me.. I'm opting for the Quadratec's heavy duty floor mats instead..

As for my wife.. yep.. thats my jeep girl.. the point here is I'm limited in what I can do.. (physically) and just the simply fact that I've asked her if we can do something etc.. just means she is ready to help me.. and yep she will get in there tools and all and take stuff apart. She knows I can't do it anymore..

So while owning a Jeep, If anyone is looking to get into a relationship with a women that can handle herself.. make sure she's a jeep girl too..

Updated:

Steve just emailed me and the order was amended.. But he didn't admit if he was just send me new mud guards and the floor liners.. all in all.. no matter what husky product you have it's apparent that there is a lifetime guaranty on everything.. So the main stipulation is that I return my one month old car liners and have them replaced with mud guards..

Thanks Steve and Husky Liners for being so versatile.

and as always.. what ever come in the mail and it needs to be installed.. I'll document and post everything there after.

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Once you have pulled the carpet out, line it. With rhino liner or raptor liner. We just did my YJ and I love it. Gives it a textured finish that is easy to clean up. You can even get it in colors. Just a suggestion for another option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts