Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
HIGHWAY APPROVED MUSTANG
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ment to post this a long time ago... just found the write up i did,,,, please do not copie it and repost it on other forums,,,, lets keep it for wrangler board members.

Adjusting Throttle response:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start the engine).
2. Wait for all of the dash lights that normally come on at start up to go out.
3. Depress the gas pedal to the floor and back one time***
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.

***the throttle response is adjusted based on how quickly or slowly you send the gas pedal to the floor and back... the quicker you floor it and let go, the faster the throttle response will be.

Also note that this is NOT a permanent adjustment, the ECM will continue to learn and adjust to your driving habit's. If you drive it like you stole it, it will last a while, if you hit 30 mins of traffic it will probably be back to normal in a day or two.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It works on '03 and newer Chevys too. We did a thread about this on the Avalanche forum.
Probably the same software the the computers. But it does in fact work.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the throttle permanently, or I'd I need to do this every once in a while?
I've done it twice now. The first time, it was there, but I did a lot of stop and go traffic. I did it a second time when I knew I had a chance for no traffic. I can feel a difference.

At least my mind thinks there is. Lol.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
I payed 149 new from dodge dealer. It's off a 08-10 dodge viper
Not as bad as I expected. Might have to look into it. How noticeable was the improvement via the butt dyno

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.