Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what's up with all of these weak, frightened people lately?

I'm a "middle manager" at work. In the last couple of weeks I've rec'd these reports.

1. Two employees had a minor disagreement 2 weeks ago. Emp 1, middle aged male, laid back and quiet guy. Emp 2, young female, recent hire. By all accounts, amiable situation at the time. Now, two weeks, later emp 2 claims that emp 1 was uncooperative and "intimidating". Wants to file a formal complaint and is raising a stink with the big bosses. 2 witnesses agree that he did nothing to illicit such a response .

2. 2 separate instances of complaints against employees where the complainer felt the employee was rude, and that they felt "threatened" and/or "intimidated". In neither case could the complainer pinpoint any language or action by the employee that made them feel that way. In both cases it was a "look" or "how they carried themselves" that resulted in the feeling. In both cases video shows absolutely no action by the employee that appeared outside the norm. In both cases the complainer/victim was the aggressor.

It's a little spooky considering that threatening people can land you in the pokey or get you fired, and people seem willing to falsely accuse others of this behavior very quickly lately.

So are all of these claims a result of the anti-bullying thing? Are people becoming soft little chickens scared of their own shadows?
Is "strength" and "power" being confused with aggression?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Unfortunately some people have become this way from over parenting, "I'm your friend not your parent" type environment.
"Get in touch with your inner self", "How does that make you FEEL", "There are no winners or loosers, only players" stupid arse mentality.
Then those "soft little chickens" you speak of get all but hurt when somebody is stronger than them and they go home and get a gun.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Sounds like these folks have taken the class teaching them how to file a complaint, sue said business, and receive unemployment benefits. Most of these classes are taught at the Democratic Party Headquarters. :)

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Stories like this makes me glad I don't work anymore. And when I do it's by myself for myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems that it's becoming common around here. There are some similar situations where my brother works, same type of deal. Someone does something aggressive or wrong, then turns it around and tries to become the "victim".

The scary part is that other people seem to believe it. Had we not had evidence to the contrary, those folks would have been in deep doo-doo.

I was telling these stories to my friend Saturday and he said that a mutual buddy of ours went to his doctor's office (because the doc told him to over the phone). When he got there a lady at the front desk began berating him for being there without an appointment. He told her to pound sand and sat down to wait for the doc. Cops showed up and arrested him for "terroristic threatening". The front desk ladies called the cops and said he did all kinds of crazy stuff. (This guy is 70 yrs old, being treated for prostate cancer).
The case was dismissed, because the other folks in the waiting room came to court for him as witnesses, and told the truth.
Nothing happened to the lady who lied. Now he is trying to sue them, but lawyers won't take his case because it's his word against hers.

Scary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts