Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here goes for So Cali wheelers

Night runs
After the Hummer trail tampon thing, I am itching for a few night runs.
Choices, Big Bear do a run both ways on Holcomb and John Bull. Some time this summer third annual Motino wash night run. One of Mikey's world famous Cougar Buttes night runs and for the diehards something at the Hammers at night, Spooners at night and Turkeyclaw last year was fun with the full moon for light.

Here are the full moon dates

Tue Jul 3 2012 I guess if enough peeps have the day of we could try a run on the 4 th of July, Cougar Buttes could work

Thu Aug 2 2012 The day after Friday night would be cool for a full moon run Hammers or something Big Bear

Fri Aug 31 2012 that Friday or Saturday pick a trail

Sun Sep 30 Chocy thunder needs to be revisited after all the abuse from KOH

Well Y'all chime in if you want to have some night time wheelin fun under a near full moon

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Hopefully my jeep will be done in the next couple of weeks and I am definitely ready for so night wheeling.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Difference between rocks and mud.... You can wash the mud off. Dents, scrapes, and wrinkled metal are permanent evidence of rock crawling.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ahh dents knock out...........trees leave godins too.....:D....harder to brake axles and such in mud...gonna have to find me some rocks down heres me thinks

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Island hop over to Australia. They have a really big rock in the middle of no place there.
The people there have a funny accent tho'. lol

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
They have those kind of rivals on the bottom of the earth too?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have broke more parts in the mud than on the rocks. I tend to get right foot happy in the mud and the deeper the better. Or maybe I am just getting to be a better driver on the rocks now. More like not too much mud around here. Lol

·
Jeeper
217 Posts

Night runs
After the Hummer trail tampon thing, I am itching for a few night runs.

Thu Aug 2 2012 The day after Friday night would be cool for a full moon run Hammers or something Big Bear

Well Y'all chime in if you want to have some night time wheelin fun under a near full moon

Aug 2nd and 31st are 2 possible dates for me. If I want to join, what do you need from me? Is there a fee involved?

On a different note: Does anyone know if there is a Regional Forum for Ventura County Jeepers or Southern Cali Jeepers in the 805 area code?

Thanks
Matthew

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi for trail runs with some of us 33' or bigger tires and lockers would be helpfull.
For local Jeepers, try this site www.myjeeprocks.com mostly So Cali Jeepers and yes there are some very active Jeepers from the Ventura area on there

·
Jeeper
217 Posts
Awesome. I guess I'll wait till I upgrade my tires. Right now I have 32s. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Night runs

Tue Jul 3 2012 I guess if enough peeps have the day of we could try a run on the 4 th of July, Cougar Buttes could work

Looks like you have a full wheeling agenda Art...:)

·
Ca Trail Explorer
22 Posts
Well in California we can only play with the rocks. They close the trails when they get a little damp due to the enviormentalist claming off roading is distroying the trails.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts