Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Jeeper
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you familiar with the time honored tradition of "The Jeep Wave"? In case you didn't know, this is a tradition that some consider (yours truly included) an informal rule between Jeep owners/drivers.
“So what is a Jeep Wave?” some of you may ask. Here are some explanations.

Common Definition for "Jeep Wave":
When two Jeep wranglers pass each other on opposite sides of the road, one of the drivers initiates the wave and the other waves back symbolism some sort of bondage between jeep owners. The wave can be exchanged with Jeeps alongside on a multiple lane road or highway when both drivers are able to see each other.

Jeeper's Definition of "The Jeep Wave":
This goes back to over 70 years, since the inception of this marvel of an automobile. This is an honor bestowed upon those drivers with the superior intelligence, taste, class, and tolerance for discomfort with the exception to 97 and newer Jeep owners, to own the ultimate vehicle – the Jeep. Generally consists of either a raised hand waving or 4 fingers extended upward from the steering wheel, but may be modified to suit circumstances and locally accepted etiquette.

Examples of commonly accepted modifications:
1. Top off: One handed wave above windshield or outside body tub.
2. Top off during blizzard: Shiver and nod, hands may remain frozen to steering wheel.
3. Southern/rural locations: No wave, just a nod or hat tipping.

General Rules:

1. All Jeepers are responsible for upholding the tradition of the Wave. It seems that generally the Jeep wave is only practiced by Jeep owners driving the following Jeep vehicles; CJ, YJ, TJ, JK.
2. All Jeepers are required to return the Wave even if it's a Grand Cherokee, Commander, Comanche, Jeepster, Liberty, Compass and Willys CJ based Mahindra.
3. Do not EVER wave to Hummers, even if you know the person. Consider it an unforgivable sin (unless of course it’s H-1).

So exercise Jeep Wave next time you are out and about. It is about honoring and respecting all Jeepers, yourself included.

:)

·
Jeep flyer
4,746 Posts
The2000Yankees said:
Are you familiar with the time honored tradition of "The Jeep Wave"? In case you didn't know, this is a tradition that some consider (yours truly included) an informal rule between Jeep owners/drivers.
“So what is a Jeep Wave?” some of you may ask. Here are some explanations.

Common Definition for "Jeep Wave":
When two Jeep wranglers pass each other on opposite sides of the road, one of the drivers initiates the wave and the other waves back symbolism some sort of bondage between jeep owners. The wave can be exchanged with Jeeps alongside on a multiple lane road or highway when both drivers are able to see each other.

Jeeper's Definition of "The Jeep Wave":
This goes back to over 70 years, since the inception of this marvel of an automobile. This is an honor bestowed upon those drivers with the superior intelligence, taste, class, and tolerance for discomfort with the exception to 97 and newer Jeep owners, to own the ultimate vehicle – the Jeep. Generally consists of either a raised hand waving or 4 fingers extended upward from the steering wheel, but may be modified to suit circumstances and locally accepted etiquette.

Examples of commonly accepted modifications:
1. Top off: One handed wave above windshield or outside body tub.
2. Top off during blizzard: Shiver and nod, hands may remain frozen to steering wheel.
3. Southern/rural locations: No wave, just a nod or hat tipping.

General Rules:

1. All Jeepers are responsible for upholding the tradition of the Wave. It seems that generally the Jeep wave is only practiced by Jeep owners driving the following Jeep vehicles; CJ, YJ, TJ, JK.
2. All Jeepers are required to return the Wave even if it's a Grand Cherokee, Commander, Comanche, Jeepster, Liberty, Compass and Willys CJ based Mahindra.
3. Do not EVER wave to Hummers, even if you know the person. Consider it an unforgivable sin (unless of course it’s H-1).

So exercise Jeep Wave next time you are out and about. It is about honoring and respecting all Jeepers, yourself included.

:)
It's started

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Ever notice how some people don't wave?

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
It's mostly the JK owners. Stupid soccer mom mini-van clones.

And why don't the Jeep station wagon owners wave?

·
Jeeper
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rik, I'm a JK owner too and I wave all the time. So far the only one that did not wave back was in a Wagon. Oh well. Perhaps she didn't know the tradition.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I was pulling your chain.
This subject is so old it probably outdates me.
Some JK owners wave. Especially that really cute large breasted long haired brunette in the silver four door at my son's school that always waves at me first and has that big sexy smile. If you are reading this send me a PM. I"m a Libra and I like long drives in the middle of nowhere, pina coladas, and staying up all night.

Did I digress again?

·
Jeep Wench
6,710 Posts
Hahhhah I had a guy blue tj that waved to me every day for a year on our way to work. Then one day we stopped at 7/11 got to talking and dated for a.few months way to go jeep wave

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.