Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I stumbled upon a SOA by Tera flex and it comes with one leaf spring for each axle. They are made of fiberglass, my question is would any of you guys out this in your yj? I'll post the link here soon

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Hell no. Mono leaves suck! I don't care what there made of. We did. Mono leave setup in my dads flat fender a couple times . Only one trip each though since that's as long as it lasted. They get twisted and warped easy.

There was a local guy that ran the tera mono setup and the same thing happened. In my opnion there a waste of money, just build yourself a good bastard pack

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that explains why I couldn't find them on there website lol :) and ya they have some nice shackles, but I've read a lot of negative things about them I.e way to much body roll as if you weren't driving with your sway bars connected pretty scary stuff I would say. But does give you alot of added flex not worth it though :)

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I have no experience with the shackles except what others say and everyone I have meet that have run them don't do it now and wouldn't do it again. They like to unload pretty easy from what I have heard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So the Shackles are good in theroy, but has a lot of flaws. Which is why I could not find in current pictures YJ with this setup.

That make Teraflex two for two, and not in a good way.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Actually I like Tera stuff. And I can't fault a company for tryin to be innovative, they just can't all be winners.

I have installed a few of there TJ short arm kits and even ran one on mine for a few years with no complaints. I actually still run the springs on my long arm kit since I liked the spring ride so much. I have also done a couple of the short shaft SYE kits and there 4:1 kits and the install was pretty easy since there instructions were good, and there still in use.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's a bummer the leaf stuff isn't as good as they sound. I wounder what actually goes wrong with them. I have not been able to find anything on the web about their failure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.