Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever researched exactly how much we spend out of the dollar on taxes?

For instance here in CA the average person gets taxed 15-30% on their payroll then when you go and spend your money you get taxed another 8% and gas is even more. It seems no matter where you go and how much you already speent on taxes you get taxed even more.

I am just trying to figure out how much of each dollar you make gets taken from you.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
We just had our taxes done yesterday. Not pretty.
But yes, you are taxed many times on your money.
You earn it you are taxed. You spend it you are taxed. You invest it you are taxed. You save it you are taxed.
You get to keep very little. The more you make, the more percentage of it you pay. The 99%'ers will never understand that.

·
Insert Cool Title
16 Posts
I feel your pain... Just did my taxes as well and it was not good news. I have a six year old daughter and for the first time in her life I didn't quailify for the child tax credit. I couldn't believe it and this past year my income was right on track for the pervious 3 years. My wife has just recently returned to work and our accountant told us if we dont find some additional write offs for next year We are gonna get killed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you drive a car ), I’ll tax the street,
(If you try to sit ), I’ll tax your seat,
(If you get too cold ), I’ll tax the heat,
(If you take a walk ), I’ll tax your feet.
Taxman

George Harrison, 1966 Revolver

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
**** taxes. **** the government.

I'm moving to an island in the middle of bum**** nowheresville...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Maybe some beer too.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
It varies tremendously by location, but I've seen articles saying the average tax burden is between 30 and 40 percent for most taxpayers. It's fairly consistent up and down the income range because things like property tax, gas tax, sales tax, social security, and medicare taxes hit low income workers disproportionately hard but income taxes are less impactive, while the situation is reversed for higher income earners. Averages out to that range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts