Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a tapping sound while I was driving my wrangler on the highway. Unknowingly I was driving with very little oil in the car. Was driving on the highway and heard the ticking sound and when I got off the exit I came to a stop at a intersection and it completely just stalled out. When I tried to turn it back on it was giving a very slow kinda start up sound. Not really sure how to explain it but definitely didn’t sound good. I pushed it down the street gave it a few minutes and tried starting it up again and it sounded a little better. Gave it 10 more minutes and was able to start it up and drive it to my house down the block. The clicking sound speeds up when I accelerate too. It doesn’t necessarily get any louder. Just speeds up.I checked the oil and it was empty so I added 4 quarts. It is still making the same tapping sound even though I added the oil. I’m worried that the pistons may have been warped or something like that. Anyone know what could be causing the tapping sound. Is there any possible easy fixes I can try. Or am I going to need to take it to a mechanic and get the engine fixed or replaced. It is completely drivable right now. But the sound is still there. Haven’t attempted driving on the highway again yet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts