Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Swag Off-Road "Flat Back" tailgate conversion

16K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  VonGruber 
#1 ·
I finished up my Swag Off-Road tailgate conversion over the weekend. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. When I finally get my Savvy corner armor (currently on back order)

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Off-road vehicle

Lock Latch Door handle Dead bolt Door

Automotive exterior Bumper Metal

Land vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Auto part Lock

it will all flow together really well.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Wrangler Forum

See less See more
#4 ·
Chris said:
What did that cost you Kevin? And where do I get one?
Swag Off-Road is the company making these. This kit was $307.00 shipped to the house. They offer cheaper alternatives but I wanted the aluminum skinned version to match the Savvy armor.

BTW, this was my b-day present from Michelle. My wife rocks!!!

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Wrangler Forum

#7 ·
If I ran around with just the safari top I would have done the same thing. However, there's no way to get the tailgate open with the back window in. It's actually better than I expected and operates pretty smoothly. If Jeep would just give us a real tailgate again it wouldn't matter.

#13 ·
Looking great so far Kevin. Aluminum doors and hood next? Or do they make them?
I really like that tailgate setup. I will go that route when I get my new rear bumper with the tire carrier.

#14 ·
Thanks for the compliment!!!

Going to pick up the Savvy tub rails and their receiver bumper next week. Then I'm pretty much Savvy'd out! I'll add either aluminum Gen Right or Metalcloak fenders as my next major mod.

Final mods are Raceline beadlocks, full cage, and having Blaine outboard the shocks.

#15 ·
Well, no GTS install today. Evidently the connectors on the fuel and vent lines are really brittle and can break easily. Since I have to use the Jeep to run my dogs to the vet tomorrow I don't wanna take a chance of messing something up. I'll just wait until Monday after work to knock it out.

BTW, I'm having a buddy make me aluminum panels to replace the black Swag ones. I don't really like the black and the aluminum will keep the theme going.

#19 ·
Much to Kevin's surprise, I was using it for a workbench when he came around the corner. lol
Seemed like a handy spot to me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.