Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have a 2" lift on my rig already with rubicon shocks and teraflex springs. Can I do a 4" lift with only replacing the springs or do I need a whole new kit?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
You will need new shocks and for that high probably adjustable control arms. Also find out what transfer case you have for sure( there will be a tag on it) and see if there is a slip yoke eliminator on it. for that high you will probably want to invest in one of those also, which means you will also need a new rear drive line. Also for the list is longer break lines and probably longer sway bar links. I have some of that stuff laying around if ya need it.

It gets more expensive the bigger you go.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I want to go 4 in and 35s and I have alot on my rig that can be traded with cash on top. But as of now I'm strapped for $ so the build has to hold off.. I have a couple axles laying in my garage and I'm selling/trading the back seat and stuff for anything I can get towards my lift. I would trade my 33s with cash on top for some 35s , I need a slip yoke and all that stuff but its all so spendy :/

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would you charge me for that stuff you have laying around in your garage?

·
Registered
320 Posts
There's so much that goes into building one of these things properly. Also, rarely do you get away with only doing one modification. Most of the time changing one part involves a change of another for it to all work properly.

When I bought mine it was already on a crappy Procomp 4" lift. It was also re-geared with a SYE too. I slowly added Currie control arms, track bars, steering, etc. I did the Savvy under armor late last year and that meant I needed to relocate the lower shock mounts. Now the rear track bar rubs on the stock gas tank skid. So, I'm installing the Savvy GTS since it gives me more clearance.

It's never ending with these things!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Some of it you can have. I have to see what all I got though. Some of the stuff I still use for trail spares. I think I have sway bar stuff. I might have a driveline that would work for a 241. But if you do have a 241 you shouldn't need a SYE. You should come by sometime and we should go through your jeep and make a list. At least then you'll know what it's gonna take and can start putting together a price list.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Some of it you can have. I have to see what all I got though. Some of the stuff I still use for trail spares. I think I have sway bar stuff. I might have a driveline that would work for a 241. But if you do have a 241 you shouldn't need a SYE. You should come by sometime and we should go through your jeep and make a list. At least then you'll know what it's gonna take and can start putting together a price list.
did some more digging havent actually gone out and looked cause of the weather and ive been busy all day but im pretty sure its a 231 not a 241.

I was looking for the SYE kit online and under the wrangler x they were only available for a 231 if i get time tomorrow before the swap meet ill look and right some stuff down just to see what i really have from my POV

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The YJ and TJ's included the NP231J from the factory, which did not include a fixed yolk output, it's all a slip yolk. You can always do a t-case drop as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would never drop my t-case.. Honestly whats the point of raising your rig if your lowering something else?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Good answer

I saw this morning there is a guy selling a set of 4" lift coils for $100 on pnwjeep.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I would never drop my t-case.. Honestly whats the point of raising your rig if your lowering something else?
To keep pinion angles and various whatnots in perfect functioning order so that you don't over stress a joint or something.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
What I think he's saying is that if he's gonna do the work to lift it more he's willing to spend some more coin on a SYE and cv driveline to get all the benefits of of the lift itself

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
I had a Tcase drop for a year or so. I didn't hate it and it was what I had to do for the time but yes it is not what I would recommend.

I do have one you can have tho.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts