Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to remove a swaybar link on one side in an effort to get more articulation offroad, but it seems that they are stuck on. Can't get the top or bottom off, and can't get either side off. Suggestions??

I can't cut it, I need to be able to slip it back on for when I leave the dirt.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
PB Blaster it a few times and let it sit.
My sway bar hasn't been connected for a couple years. I have JKS quick disconnects and never connect them.
If your leaf spring bushings are in good shape and you have the bushing bolts torqued to the right specs you don't really need the sway bar.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Miune were the same way so i cut them. I haven't even had a sway bar on my jeep in years. I would cut them off and get some quick disconnects if you really want to keep them.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already working on getting quick disconnects. My bushings aren't WORN out, but they're not in the best of shape, shackles are also torqued properly. There is significant body roll, and it's really noticeable, so I'd rather keep the swaybar on. There have been times where someone has cut me off and forced me to swerve- I swear I felt a wheel lift off the ground, it was that hard. I am thoroughly convinced that if I didn't have the swaybar on that the Jeep would have rolled doing 65..

But it does flex very nicely, for stock leafs :cool:

Managed to get the bottom of the link off with a 50" pry bar.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not that I'm uncomfortable with the body roll, it's that I don't trust all of the other idiots out there driving around me. If everyone was a perfectly safe driver then I wouldn't have problems taking off my swaybar.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Yeah if it's your daily driver and it sees the freeway a lot, get quick disco's.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe I have a set of quick disconnects on their way to me, not sure yet. Will find out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts