Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started with the steps that I added to the stock rubicon rails. You can see that thread here. Steps

And now, Santa Brown has brought me a present. It is my MetalCloak 2.5 inch lift. I think I will have my current project (non-jeep) finished by Thursday and be able to start turning wrenches on Friday.

If any of you folks in the inland empire want to come and help, I will supply the water, soda, and lunch. (sorry guys, I don't do beer but you can bring your own) Just let me know.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Some assembly required.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to start on Friday or Saturday. I, like you, like to get started early, somewhere between 8 and 9. I should have my trailer finished on Thursday and out of the way. I want to do this in the garage where the ground is flat.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer. I guess I will have to put my boys to work.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Let me know if you need any of my tools. I may be able to stop by on Friday and point and laugh but I won't have a lot of time to work.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't need you for that I have a wife. :)

Seriously though you're welcome to stop by. I will pm you my address.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
PM me your address too. I may be wanting to get out of the house. We have lots of out of town company coming in tomorrow. I don't like crowds. Especially in-law crowds.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Steve don't forget pictures' lots of before and after pics. Also add the step pics to this thread.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok Chris, here are the step pictures. I will condense the write-up part.

Stock

The reason for steps

Work in progress (That is Chris, not me)

Welding done

Strip, primer, and paint.

On the Jeep

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Looking good. I have about 80 feet of metal getting surface rust because I am to lazy to put it in the garage.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do I need to come over and help put it away before I get started? I guess it is only fair since I will be using some of it.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I can help no problem. Let's do the work early tho'. 8 is early to me. Don't give me any crap. Don't go off on the "I'm having lunch by 8am" crud. I've heard it before. I was up at 5:30 with the bee keeper today. I don't like early morning. Too quiet.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Cool. Does your fifth wheel have leveling jacks?
Now that we hijacked Steve's thread, back on topic.....

Do you have a pretty good selection of tools Steve? Between Chris and I we have about every tool ever made, so if you need something let us know.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I should have what it will take to get this done. I spent a little time under the Jeep tonight to get an idea what I was facing. I think I am ok. I also sprayed everything with PB blaster to make the work a little easier.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts