Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found out that the lift I got was a leveling lift kit. Why on earth would anybody want to get one is beyond me. Have I known It was a leveling kit I wouldn't have got it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just found out that the lift I got was a leveling lift kit. Why on earth would anybody want to get one is beyond me. Have I known It was a leveling kit I wouldn't have got it.
Think about it. It makes your Jeep sit level. Of course if you got a leveling kit your Jeep will sit level, instead of the usual 2-3" nose down they normally sit from factory. It raises your front end which can allow the axle to flex more.

Most lift kit manufacturers don't make lift kits that let the Jeep droop down in the front, personally I think that droop just makes Jeeps and trucks look absolutely ridiculous and I hate that with a fiery passion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think about it. It makes your Jeep sit level. Of course if you got a leveling kit your Jeep will sit level, instead of the usual 2-3" nose down they normally sit from factory. It raises your front end which can allow the axle to flex more.

Most lift kit manufacturers don't make lift kits that let the Jeep droop down in the front, personally I think that droop just makes Jeeps and trucks look absolutely ridiculous and I hate that with a fiery passion.
It drops the rear end actually and that causes less travel on the rear axle. Plus now when I haul anything on a trailer it squats horribly and it also causes worse wind drag with the rear sitting so low.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Have you actually measured? Because a leveling kit raises the front end, it does not drop the rear end.

You also said you put on a 3.25" lift. That's going to increase your rear axle flex, not decrease. Yes, it's going to drop down in the rear if you put a load on it, same as anything. Partially the reason why trucks typically have the rear end up a few inches.

By the way, you shouldn't be concerned about wind drag, this is a Wrangler- it has the aerodynamic properties of a 400 year old Oak tree with a massive parachute attached.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so even if the front end was raised slightly more then the rear that still will cause more wind drag then nessicary. Even though a wrangler is a like a 400 year old oak tree u can still avoid unessicary wid drag. By lifting the front end that will cause a lot more wind to hurt your fuel milage. Plus it makes it look stupid to squat in the rear. This is why trucks and all vehicles sit up in the rear from factory. U want to keep as much wind from underneath the body as possible. And also when u put an sort of load on this will help with pulling and keep it more stable. But yes I understand jeeps r not Lambos or Vipers. I understand that they WILL catch a lot of wind anyways

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dang, now you got me gun shy! I got a 2.5 lift coming from CSE and it's an "ORV" brand, I had to go through the accounting office for approval (that's the Gal who takes all my money and some times lets me have some) so I never heard of this company or product line, probably Chinese. I went 2.5 lift figuring at worst I could get stock height.
I'm a 1 legged, toothless, blind in one eye and Lucky ain't my strong suit, If this thing squats in the rear I'll be highly urinated off. The factory rears are broke all to pieces and I used to wonder what those loud bangs were till I laid down in the floor and looked and saw I only had rear eye leaves in the rear of the center bolt and all of them toward the front, and it doesn't appear to be squatting, go figure.
Didn't get the pitman arm 'cuz I figured after 30 years of hanging springs on mid range and larger trucks that were plus 2 leaves for a advertised 3.5" of more ride height after driving them on test runs of 10 miles and bringing them back to the shop and remeasuring they were the same as before, maybe they held that height better loaded.
Somebody cheer me up and tell me that what's coming is decent for piddling on the desert sand and dirt roads with some bumps and holes for a feller that busts dust clouds out his tail pipe........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.