Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 06 Wrangler. My drivers side zipper is getting warn out and doesn't always zip completely. Are there any quick fixes out there? If not, does anyone know where I can find a new upper door half? Thx

·
I'm not lost
790 Posts
Have you lubed the zippers at all? you can get some from best top or for a really quick fix use a bar of ivory soap and run it around the zippers to lube them.

If that doesn't help you can buy upper sets from most any online parts house like http://www.quadratec.com/ or Bestop. BUT they sell them in pairs. YOu can always keep a look out on Carigslist for a cheap set or possible single.

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks:) I'll give the soap a try.. I'm in Germany and it takes a long time to ship things over here.. I like the magiver fix it method.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
X2 on the Ivory. My sisters, brother-inlaw works for YKK and he says that's the best thing to do

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I had a door window with a broken zipper. I took it to a canvas/upholstery shop and they sewed in a complete new zipper for ~ $30. Well worth the aggravation once a zipper goes south on you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to follow up.. The Ivory soap works really well. I just rubbed the bar soap all along the zipper. It took about 2 days to fully lube up but it's like new now :) the only down side is dry soap flakes flying around when u zip and unzip :)

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Just to follow up.. The Ivory soap works really well. I just rubbed the bar soap all along the zipper. It took about 2 days to fully lube up but it's like new now :) the only down side is dry soap flakes flying around when u zip and unzip :)
Soap?! Wait until it rains! lol You're gunna' love it!

Surfboard wax or candle wax works great and no soapy residue when it gets wet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts