Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, any of you southern cal guys have a transmission jack I could borrow next week? I am looking to try and replace my clutch on Saturday, the 29th. Due to recent hernia surgery, I think the wise choice would be to use a trans jack instead of attempting to balance that pig on a regular floor jack. I will also check tool rental places.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Hey Steve can we do it on another day? We are having my birthday party that day and Sunday I am doing something with my kids.
We can do it sooner, even a weekday. We can bring it to my house and put it in the garage. I have tons of tools and two floor jacks, jack stands, air tools, etc....
If we don't get it finished it can stay in the garage overnight too.
You can hand Chris and I tools because you should not be under there with your condition. (notice how I volunteered Chris?)
I am available most days and we can find out when Chris is available too.
You buy the beer tho'.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rik, we can look at the end of next week as a possibility. I want to wait as long as possible to heal from the surgery. Unfortunately I need to get this done because I may have to drive the jeep to work on the 1st. I think I will be able to work at a desk but I don't know if I will be able to handle my touring motorcycle for the commute. I appreciate the offer of help (including Chris'). We will have to see how Chris' schedule works out with the baby. If we want to give it two days just to make sure, maybe we can tentatively plan on Thursday the 27th. I would have to leave for a while in the afternoon to go to the doctor. When Chris is around and has some sleep we can see what he thinks.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
That day works for me. It shouldn't take more than a few hours and if we started early that would be best.
I have to start getting cleaned up for class at around 4pm is all that day.
Chris is trying to take a nap right now so call him and wake him up to see if it works for him too.
I already woke him up so it's your turn.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I will call him a little later. I don't want to piss him off in my time of need.
You are no fun at all. I live to piss Chris off. lol

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Wednesday it is. See you at Chris' house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.