Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let's say hypothetically of course, because who could be this clumsy in real life....so hypothetically, you dropped your camera in a lake. And thus need to shop for a new one. Your criteria are not too bad, takes an okay photo, the batteries last a while, and it has to be small. A key point for me is size, and that size must be small. Its rare enough now I carry a camera, if it is small enough, I might carry it more. Suggestions are appreciated, so tell me what you think is a good, small camera.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
As far as carrying one with me everywhere, my phone has a camera. I also have a Canon point and shoot and if i want good pictures i bring my Canon Rebel XSi (DSLR). :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hypothetically speaking, you should never touch another camera again, because, speaking hypothetically, you could hypothetically drop said camera back into the lake. Any of the Cannon Powershot cameras are great.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
My Iphone 4 has a zoom and I take more pictures with it than any camera I've ever owned. The Iphone 5 is supposed to be a camera with a phone built into it. Finally.
There are a lot of sport cameras that float and are bright colors so they are easy to spot when you ACTUALLY drop it in a lake.
I read an article on Yahoo about a scuba diver that found a digital camera in a lake in Michigan. The flash card still worked and he posted pictures from it on Facebook to find the owner of it for fun. The owner actually saw the pictures and claimed the camera.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I use my phone to, but it needs a biggggggggggg zoom, as it is everything looks too far away, or so small there is no point in taking the photos.
Maybe a Canon Rebel T3i, with a 3,000mm lens?

That is also where having a LARGE resolution comes in handy. Most DSLR's shoot in 15mpx+ with a resolution of 300. You can really zoom in far if you want to, digitally that is.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I read an article on Yahoo about a scuba diver that found a digital camera in a lake in Michigan. The flash card still worked and he posted pictures from it on Facebook to find the owner of it for fun. The owner actually saw the pictures and claimed the camera.
If this is the same article I read, a man dropped a DSLR into the ocean off of a boat where it was found a couple years later by a dive team...

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
If this is the same article I read, a man dropped a DSLR into the ocean off of a boat where it was found a couple years later by a dive team...
Different article. This one was in a lake in Michigan and the guy was treasure hunting using a sludge vacuum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hypothermia (thats cold) any way Nikon 1 makes an amazing water proof shock proof camera for ruff and tumble folks like your self

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Realistically I would too.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Thanks for the hypothetical guy bashing, and hypothetical wrist strap tip. Any of those Nikon Coolpix cameras okay.
I have a Nikon Coolpix that is probably three years old now and love the thing. Takes great pics, small, easy to use and if I drop it in the lake I am not out all that much money. Plus with the bigger card it takes like 2500 pics and the battery life is great, I have never had a problem with the battery dieing on a trip.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Never did I admit to dropping my camera in the lake. I said IF SOMEONE did...

Cool. We thought you did so we were pulling our punches so as not to offend you.
But since you didn't....

If you drop your camera into a lake you are a clumsy oaf that shouldn't even be near water let alone be trusted with a camera. Only a really stupid clumsy mentally challenged blind uncoordinated numbskull would drop a camera in a lake.
I feel better now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts