Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can so something to the driver seat underneath
like on the sliding system so you can get more distance from the steering wheel?
My seat does not go back as far as I would like now that I added a back support to the seat. I could use a couple more inches. I dont know what tall people are doing in wranglers as there is not much leg room.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping not to have to do that. That I could take out or move the part on the rail that stops the seat from sliding back.

I cant tell what is the stopper on the rail that prevents it from going back. There seems to be a bolt plug that come up through
the rail towards the back but I'm not sure what it does. Guess I could remove it and see what happens.

·
Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
I am not a mechanical guy at all, but to unbolt the drivers seat took me under 10 minutes. Drilled 4 new holes in the rails as the seat laid on its side in the driveway on an old blanket so the seat would not get damaged. Maybe to measure carefully, mark with a felt pen, and drill the 4 holes, possible another 10 minutes. Now because I had the socket and ratchet already out, and knew there were just 4 bolts, and their location, to reinstall the seat was under 5 minutes. Very quick and easy job, and could drive the car in confort once completed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't they make add on rails that have an extenders? I remember seeing one in either Quadtrac or JC Whitney.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MAn thats pricey. and is that just for one rail? what a ripoff. I would rather drill holes like Kelowna did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts