Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've an 06 LJ Rubicon and I'd like to gain some clearence without breaking the friggin bank, all thoughts, suggestions, ideas welcome. Don't have air pumps to deal with, would like to get the most clearence for my money without doing any welding.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Savvy is a LOT pricey...

The UCF skids are available in a variety of styles to give you more clearance over your stock transfer case. But I'd also go with an engine skid to protect your oilpan. I have a Skid Row engine skid, but if you're buying new skids, get a engine/t-case skid setup that works well together. The UCF t-case skid will work with a Skid row skid though... Don't forget your steering box and gas tank need protection too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
just find some skids you like.... they are all good, well I'd stay away from smittybuilt. as for which skids are best.. fuel tank skid (I use mine all the time), steering box skid, and belly pan skid. the best way to not brake the bank is find a woman who loves you sooo much that she'll buy you a skid plate for a christmas present:D, I gotta thank my wife for my gas tank skid and roll cage.

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
You can't really go wrong with UCF. Good product made in the USA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having just finished up the install of some UCF fenders on my TJ, I can say their stuff is made well and is solid. Not that I WANT to bash on the parts, but I know they'd handle whatever my wheeling would throw at them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
If you want the best bang for your buck strength wise as well as clearance wise and you are serious about rock crawling, then go Savvy. The UFC aluminum skid isn't strong enough nor does it give the same amount of clearance as the savvy complete setup. I do not use it, but a friend of mine does and it's very well though out and made

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here ya go

Home made Jeep bumper to bumper if you can call them that lol

Flat oilpan, trans and transfercase skid. All 3/8 thick 6160t6 aluminum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts