Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

· Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I have full coverage on my car hauler and it is on my auto policy and costs about 100 bucks a year. The main benefit to that is that if it gets stolen or wrecked while not on my vehicle it is covered.

· Registered
7 Posts
I work for Farmers Insruance and your trailer is covered for liability when it is attached to the pulling vehicle but the company will not fix the trailer. It does not cost to much to add the trailer to the policy and I would recommend it. No matter what if you are pulling the trailer with stuff on it you will have to pay two deductibles one for the tow vehicle and one for the vehicle being towed. It sucks but thats the way it is.

· Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I work for Farmers Insruance and your trailer is covered for liability when it is attached to the pulling vehicle but the company will not fix the trailer. It does not cost to much to add the trailer to the policy and I would recommend it. No matter what if you are pulling the trailer with stuff on it you will have to pay two deductibles one for the tow vehicle and one for the vehicle being towed. It sucks but thats the way it is.
Good to know, thanks.

· Registered
6 Posts
I see the break now... :eek:

Disregard...... :D
Don't feel bad. That was the first time I had loaded it on that trailer and when I stepped back to take the picture I thought the same thing. I was slightly panicked since we were rolling out the next day for a 4 1/2 hour trip and I had no time to mess with it. Then I realized the break was at the Ford's back tires. :eek::eek:

· Retired- Now I Golf
2,942 Posts
Soveliss, thank you for coming in and giving advice, nice of you to do so. May I ask a question please. A vehicle towing a trailer in the U.S.A. but registered and insured by ICBC insurance, in B.C. Canada, is it fully covered if in an accident, stolen, burns, or the like, while travelling there. Yes both the tow vehicle and trailer are insured here? If you know the answer, please inform me, if not, no worries, and thanks either way.

· Registered
7 Posts
I can tell you that if it were one of farmers policies it would be covered if it were happening in Canada. But compaines can differ in the things that are covered, to be sure you should contact your agent and ask that question.

· Premium Member
6,643 Posts
How do you like the 5.4? I have a V10, 6.0 and just got a 7.3 super duty.

I use the V10 for most of my towing and love it, in the last few weeks I regeared it to 4:56 and added intake and exhaust and did the Zoodad mod. She screams now.

· Registered
63 Posts
The 5.4 is really not enough motor for a truck this big. The gearing makes up for it some but still I wish I had a 7.3 powerstroke. I have to put a new transmission in it first but I will be doing some power mods on the 5.4 soon.

· Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I just got my 7.3 last week and it is one powerful mofo. I like the 6.0 as well but I see how people like the 7.3 more. I like the V10 almost more then the diesels. If it could just get some mileage.

· Registered
63 Posts
I have full coverage on my enclosed trailer and its contents for less than $15 a month so yes it is worth it.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.