Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
I really like this set up. Is the sound quality out of the cobra good? (The speaker)

I also run the Cobra 75 WX ST with a FireStik antenna. No dash clutter or bulky unit. Not visible to steal. You can take the mic out quickly with the quick disconnect so there is nothing visible at all.
I have a Motorola CB external speaker on mine. It has the jack on the unit mounted behind the dash for the external speaker. It works great, easy to use because all the controls are in your hand, and the sound quality from the mic is OK. The external speaker makes it perfect.
You can buy separate units that mount behind the dash for about $15 on ebay so you can just move the mic from vehicle to vehicle.
Only down side, no PA jack/capability. Haven't ever needed a PA but some people like to have one. Just wasn't an issue with my decision.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also run the Cobra 75 WX ST with a FireStik antenna. No dash clutter or bulky unit. Not visible to steal. You can take the mic out quickly with the quick disconnect so there is nothing visible at all.
I have a Motorola CB external speaker on mine. It has the jack on the unit mounted behind the dash for the external speaker. It works great, easy to use because all the controls are in your hand, and the sound quality from the mic is OK. The external speaker makes it perfect.
You can buy separate units that mount behind the dash for about $15 on ebay so you can just move the mic from vehicle to vehicle.
Only down side, no PA jack/capability. Haven't ever needed a PA but some people like to have one. Just wasn't an issue with my decision.
Ahh I was hoping it had a PA plug in :/

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Trying to find ideas on mounting, and what CB looks and performs best!
And another Cobra :)
Very secure because you can just toss the mic (which contains the unit) under the seat when you want to hide it. My dash mounted holder swaps out for a cell phone holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I custom molded mine into my dash...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Ken! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts