Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TJ Driver
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Pretty new here... been looking, but no posting until now. Last week I bought a '99 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara in White. I got it for a real good deal because it has a list of small issues to fix. Here is the list that the dealer provided me:

-Serpentine Belt
-Blower Switch (No. 3 Fan Spd for HTR Control Broke)
-Rear Wiper Blade
-Water Pump
-Front Pads and Rotors | Already Replaced (along with calipers)
-Rear Shoes
-Front Sway Bar Links
-Drivers Mirror | Replacement on its way
-Fog Lamp
-Front Crank Seal

Here it is after I just got it home:

With the hardtop off:

Side profile:

I am entirely new to Jeeps, but have been a weekend mechanic ever since I bought my first car when I got my drivers license. I can't wait to do these repairs and get the Jeep in tip top shape. After that I will be working to customize it to my liking and start building.

Thanks,
Shane

·
TJ Driver
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey All,

I replaced the front sway bar links this weekend, but it didn't seem to get rid of a clunk/rattle/clattering noise that I still hear coming from the front end. The noise is only there when I go over bumps, which would make me think suspension related. Anybody with any good suggestions of what to look at to find out what is causing this noise? Gonna try and get a video one of these days.

Thanks,
Shane

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.