Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if or how bad this angle is. When I did my stretch I did a shackle reversal at the same time but forgot to lower the front mount and raise the rear to keep the spring angle the same.

Now I have everything back together and it seems like it may work but my travel is at a totally different angle and comes back towards the cab more.

Does anyone think there is any reason it won't work, my plan as of now is to finish my build and run it to see what the effects are if any.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I feel that you might run into issue with that...

'But I'm not a spring expert...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I would think you'll have a driveshaft issue before you hurt your springs... that is going to be a lot of forward and backward movement....

Especially since wheeling is kind of an extreme situation...

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have articulated it and can't seem to find a spot that screws with the driveshaft bad. It is not quiet as bad as the drawing, I will get a fe pics today. My driveshaft has a few inches of slip on it and it was only using an inch or so.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
If it's anything like the drawing you should just move the rear spring perch back and that should solve the problem with the axle moving backwards.

·
43 Posts
I want to agree with 'RikRotorhead', the only thing that I would be leery of is the slip-yolk running out of slip, or bottoming out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does it ride?

Like everyone else said as long as the DL angle is good it should not hurt anything. It may also mess with the caster angle.

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It probably would have been fine but I decided to pull them off and reverse my shackle reversal. It is now flat and rides fine. I didn't want to get shoacks and steering and everything else 100% to find out it wouldn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts