Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I won a "New in opened box" RR trailer hitch on EBay for 9.99... So I did the install today. Took 20 minutes start to finish with just combination wrenches. No ratchets..

Install was a snap and fitment was great.. I know I've seen a lot of people have issues with getting the nuts on the bolts with the limited space. I've even seen people suggest removing rear bumper.. The solution is very simple.. Tape..

image-2427386396.jpg

image-905501602.jpg

Simply put tape on the wrench to hold the nut on place.. After working on the install I did however move the tape to the open end of the wrench so it would be easier to get the wrench off the nut..

image-115971602.jpg

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
Haha my dad taught me the tape on the wrench trick when I was a kid helping him work on stuff.
You can also wad up a piece of tape sticky side out and shove it into a socket.
You got a good price on that hitch.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's funny the tricks we learn from our hands on fathers that most people don't think of if they don't have a dad who does.. Grease also works well to hold nuts into sockets.

·
Internet Owner
9,510 Posts
That's a good idea. Yeah my dad had a Willys Jeep he was constantly tinkering on, and he built several van conversions before companies started doing it. He was really good with his hands and was always busy building or fixing something. I am the same way, and so are my sons. Might be genetic.

·
Lazy Slacker
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RikRotorhead said:
That's a good idea. Yeah my dad had a Willys Jeep he was constantly tinkering on, and he built several van conversions before companies started doing it. He was really good with his hands and was always busy building or fixing something. I am the same way, and so are my sons. Might be genetic.
I hope it is, my father is now and has always been mr fixit.. I've tried to learn as much as I can from him!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts